Yammy Tall windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormrider

Reaction score
I just got an email from Powersports saying that the tall windshield has been discontinued.

I have checked a couple of other places that have it listed as a backorder item.

I did find one place that says they placed the order and it seems to have gone through.

I can't believe that they would discontinue the only OEM touring windshield they offer :angry:

If I cannot get one is there anyone that has one laying around they would be willing to sell?

SHIT! Those MORONS! I just clickity-clicked over to Ron Ayers and it's no longer on the list of factory accessories for the FJR. I sure as hell am glad I got mine. I'm really disappointed though that Yamaha is abandoning me after I spent $12K on one of their products.

SHIT! Those MORONS! I just clickity-clicked over to Ron Ayers and it's no longer on the list of factory accessories for the FJR. I sure as hell am glad I got mine. I'm really disappointed though that Yamaha is abandoning me after I spent $12K on one of their products.
Are you kidding? :dribble:

The factory "oversized" windshield is about as useless as the stock windshield. There are so many aftermarket options out there that allow you to order exactly the right size and shape for your size and shape I am NOT surprised that Mamma Yamaha decided to drop it. :assassin:

Really, though, do you actually feel "abandoned" because of this? :rolleyes:

I just ordered one, through Factory Direct Motorsports Accessories. You can buy them on Amazon as well, so I don't think you are outta luck, just poke around, using this part number: ABA-2D203-10-00

Duff, go easy on the feller. We don't all have brand new Rick Mayer Saddles! (my build date was today...) :yahoo:

Try the Givi windshield... Works great for me.It is approx 2 inches taller

than oem windshield ,but the flip on the top makes a big difference.

I just ordered one, through Factory Direct Motorsports Accessories. You can buy them on Amazon as well, so I don't think you are outta luck, just poke around, using this part number: ABA-2D203-10-00
Duff, go easy on the feller. We don't all have brand new Rick Bill Mayer Saddles! (my build date was today...) :yahoo:
Fixed.

<SNIP>Duff, go easy on the feller. We don't all have brand new Rick Mayer Saddles! (my build date was today...) :yahoo:
Sorry, you know I don't usually dog-pile a guy. Not sure what came over me, I was just surprised by the passion of the statement.

Oh, and I LOVE my BILL Mayer saddle! :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
<SNIP>Duff, go easy on the feller. We don't all have brand new Bill Mayer Saddles! (my build date was today...) :yahoo:
Sorry, you know I don't usually dog-pile a guy. Not sure what came over me, I was just surprised by the passion of the statement.

Oh, and I LOVE my BILL Mayer saddle! :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:
Fixed it for.... ahhhh... me? :rolleyes:

I have had my 08 for about a month and a half now. Just ordered the touring windshield from the dealer for $98 bucks two weeks ago and recieved it last week. Definite improvement over stock shield in the cold weather that won't seem to go away here. Cheap too! Will probably put stock shield back on for warm weather though.

Good riddance.

I bought it and put about 80 miles on it and then off it came.

Interesting was that to pick it up I took the stocker off and rode the 80 miles to the selling dealer - the bike was heaven without the shield . . . .

Latest posts