Yet Another Helmet Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russ...You are certainly right about the hook being more convenient. The strap does take a few more seconds to buckle up. It is just another option. I think that a strap with a snap connector on the lower end that would pass through the D-ring and attach to the bar would be a good idea also. It would require a fitting on the upper end that would not pass throught the D-ring and a fitting on the lower end like a pad eye. Easy enough to rig. Per your very clever idea, I made up a hook out of stainless stock, but just didn't feel comfortable with the possibility of chafe and the odd chance of me or my passenger sitting on it (probably not a likely happening, but I believe in Murphy's law), so I was fiddling with alternatives. Too bad Yamaha didn't build in something for two helmets like the locks on the SV650, for example. Anyway, your idea was a good one and I'm glad it is working out. Regards, David.

Daytripper,

The holder is quite a bit below the top surface of the seat. I can't imagine you could compress the seat far enough for the holder to interfere with anything. Hasn't been an issue for me anyway.

Russ