YIPPEE! Big Money Rally for 2019

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll transfer all my points above Finisher status, sweetie! Dreadfully sorry for your troubles; BTDT and it isn't fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
... and now Griff's reached Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious status, in first place with a nice lead on the second-place rider.
Nice job, sir.
On a bit of a side note: If Mr. Griffis does manage to hold off the onslaught of riders waiting to pounce, He well

may be the first rider to triumph in this Rally/Grand Tour event riding other than a Honda. Yep! This may be the FIRST

FJR to win this prestigious title........Hey Griff, No pressure...
smile.png

... and the 2019 edition is over.

The winner? Griff, with 3,239.49 points, almost 20% more than the second place rider, and light years beyond the 144 points required to become a Finisher.

Congratulations, buddy! See you at the banquet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hud. Last Wednesday when I made my final push going up the BRP and Skyline Drive, I was in second place behind the perennial favorite MoBob on his St1300. Wellll, his bike broke down and I went on to finish in first. MoBob did have another ST1300 he could have ridden, but I guess he decided that it was time for an FJR to win. haha

It was fun to watch the finish. Have fun at the banquet this evening. Here's to more BMR fun next year.

I would say to anyone thinking about participating in the BMR, DO IT!! It is an amazing fun event and I can see why people get hooked on this. I didn't even get close to the leaders in terms of points or miles but for a first go around I was happy with my results and got to see some really cool places I would not have visited otherwise.

brady posted, <snip>:
... got to see some really cool places I would not have visited otherwise.
Never fails to take me on roads I'd never, ever, had ridden without the incentive to 'get points'.