Your in, he's in, now I'm in!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E.T.

Reaction score
After missing out on a great 2006 sale, I was worked up! I found a dealer about 60 miles away that had posted a great price for a 2010 on cycle trader and with that information the local dealer matched it!

Got the bike home this evening after purchasing it Tuesday, and we live less than a mile from the power sports place, so I decided the bike needed a few additional miles on it so it wouldn't be put to bed cold. It's freezing and at times colder than that, but, it felt really nice on the bike. A quick stop by the wife's work place for her to see and then over my brother's house so he could see, touch, and sit on it. All in all, 22 miles put on it before bed time.

WOW, so different than anything I had ridden. I am a happy camper... farkles... here we come. :yahoo:

Congrats on the new '10! Now's the time to really watch the credit cards...this place will help you to hurt them! ;)

--G

Congrats! I know the feeling, I've been smiling all week and I do believe that my girlfriend is starting to get jealous, sigh, lol.

Is it okay for a former Wildcat to welcome someone from Loovull? :lol: Welcome! Lots of smiles to come. :)
I would hope it's okay. Even after I warmed up last night after getting home, that grin was still on my face.

Thanks

Congrtas ET :clapping: Get it at S&S? If so sat on it a month or so ago. It was sitting next to a C14 when I looked at it and there was no comparison between the 2 in looks in my opinion. Seem like good folks there. Like you I can't wait to get back on it. We'll have to get some of the in-state guys together for some rides, seems to be quite a few. Happy for ya,

Jay

Congrtas ET :clapping: Get it at S&S? If so sat on it a month or so ago. It was sitting next to a C14 when I looked at it and there was no comparison between the 2 in looks in my opinion. Seem like good folks there. Like you I can't wait to get back on it. We'll have to get some of the in-state guys together for some rides, seems to be quite a few. Happy for ya,

Jay
Yes, S&S worked with me and about a mile away. Holler, I plan on trying to ride it after work today before momma gets home.

Happy for you too!

After missing out on a great 2006 sale, I was worked up! I found a dealer about 60 miles away that had posted a great price for a 2010 on cycle trader and with that information the local dealer matched it!

Got the bike home this evening after purchasing it Tuesday, and we live less than a mile from the power sports place, so I decided the bike needed a few additional miles on it so it wouldn't be put to bed cold. It's freezing and at times colder than that, but, it felt really nice on the bike. A quick stop by the wife's work place for her to see and then over my brother's house so he could see, touch, and sit on it. All in all, 22 miles put on it before bed time.

WOW, so different than anything I had ridden. I am a happy camper... farkles... here we come. :yahoo:
Congratulations and welcome to the Borg!

Congrats!. Say hello to your newest addiction and goodbye to decent credit card balances!

Congrats on your new FJR from another Louisville FJR rider!! :clapping:

I saw your bike down at S&S last summer so I bet you got a great deal on it! Now go out and ride like you stole it.... :p

photo.jpg

Congrats on your new FJR from another Louisville FJR rider!! :clapping:

I saw your bike down at S&S last summer so I bet you got a great deal on it! Now go out and ride like you stole it.... :p
Thanks Nightflyer! Your bike looks fast just setting there!

I will be keeping an eye out more when riding as I didn't know there were so many other FJR's around!

Yeah, I might get a 2010 FJR too... :unsure:

...in 2025 when I've worn out my '05! :yahoo:

Congrats on the new silver bullet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a new 2010 from the Louisville Yamaha dealer for 13K last July. Tried to buy one from a dealer in Lexington, Ky. but they asked a ridiculous original price. Low balled me on my trade. The e-mails went back and forth so I called the Louisville store and after 5 minutes got a good price at 13K. I went to Louisville, wrote the check and rode off.

I bought a new 2010 from the Louisville Yamaha dealer for 13K last July. Tried to buy one from a dealer in Lexington, Ky. but they asked a ridiculous original price. Low balled me on my trade. The e-mails went back and forth so I called the Louisville store and after 5 minutes got a good price at 13K. I went to Louisville, wrote the check and rode off.

kpm,

Just curious.....did your silver 2010 bike happen to have black wheels installed? I had an '08 model which I really liked but had to sell(long story). I eventually bought the '09 FJR at Louisville Yamaha off English Station but couldn't stand the look of the black wheels. They agreed to swap the silver wheels on the '10 model for the black ones on the '09 model. You can see on my pic in an earlier post above (not my avatar) that my bike is an '09 Raven black (gas tank doesn't have the gray stripe at the bottom like the '08). They put the black wheels on the 2010 model in the showroom and it actually looked pretty good!

Bill

Last edited by a moderator: