Zumo / Mapsource ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddysbike

Reaction score
Not sure I'm in the right forum but.

Since I don't have a DVD drive (yet), I'm at my inlaws trying out Mapsource to make sure its worth my while to add a DVD drive (I think it is). I did a test route, very basic I don't really know what I'm doing I just clicked a bunch of waypoints and made a trip. It seemed to work but when I tried to transfer the route, the computer could not find the Garmin device....urrrrgh!

I have it connected via USB and the screen on the Zumo is fixed like its charging, not able to do anything with the unit when connected to computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Not sure I'm in the right forum but.Since I don't have a DVD drive (yet), I'm at my inlaws trying out Mapsource to make sure its worth my while to add a DVD drive (I think it is). I did a test route, very basic I don't really know what I'm doing I just clicked a bunch of waypoints and made a trip. It seemed to work but when I tried to transfer the route, the computer could not find the Garmin device....urrrrgh!

I have it connected via USB and the screen on the Zumo is fixed like its charging, not able to do anything with the unit when connected to computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

look, ask here https://razorbiker.com/zumo/

Will not work because you are using an old version of Mapsource (I had same problem).

Go to www.garmin.com

select "support"

select "updates & downloads"

select "mapping programs"

select "mapsource"

this will upgrade you to version 6.12.2 which will allow it to send stuff to the Zumo.

(note you're not upgrading City Navigator NT, but the software on you computer that runs the DVD map).

good luck

Will not work because you are using an old version of Mapsource (I had same problem).
Go to www.garmin.com

select "support"

select "updates & downloads"

select "mapping programs"

select "mapsource"

this will upgrade you to version 6.12.2 which will allow it to send stuff to the Zumo.

(note you're not upgrading City Navigator NT, but the software on you computer that runs the DVD map).

good luck

WE HAVE A WINNER, THANK YOU!!!!!!

I posted this problem on 2 other web sites and one of them replied saying to upgrade the software which I did.....via the program like I would do with any other software upgrade. As you might expect it didn't work so I went to bed frustrated. I got up this morning, read your solution and viola success. I never would have figured that out thanks again.

Steve