• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Isabella Motor Parts - the Pay it Forward Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hppants

Reaction score
If you have just joined us, or forgotten how we got here, take a look at this thread:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/150618-running-bad-feeling-blessedlimped-home-walking-on-air/

and this one....

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/151853-what-happened-to-isabellas-engine/

Which brings me to the purpose of this thread - to Pay it Forward to my fellow FJR Forum peeps!

Here are my terms:

1. Any part from this disassembled motor is available to ANY Forum member for FREE.

2. Parts will be given on a first come, first serve basis. You can request a part either within this thread or via PM, but the date/time for either will be the deciding factor. If Johnny sends me a pm that is marked 5 minutes before Mikey post a request for the same part on the thread, then Johnny gets first dibbs even it it's 3 days before I acknowledge either of them.

3. The receipient of the parts agrees to pay (on his FJR honor) for shipping cost. I will gladly box and deliver the part to the shipper (obviously at no charge). I go by UPS and USPS every work day. Fed Ex, not so often. You will decide how you want your part shipped. I know for a fact that if you arrange for shipping on the UPS website, and self-generate your shipping labels, email the labels to me, your shipping cost will be substantially cheaper than if I just walk up to the counter. Frankly, I would prefer that as I am not out the money waiting on you. But if necessary, we can work it out either way. I ain't doing that paypal stuff. I'm hopeful no one will stiff me on the shipping - after all, we are FJR riders!

4. The "ship from" zipcode will be 70508. On a case by case basis, I can tell you what the package will weigh and its dimensions.

5. Of course, these parts come with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied.

6. The motor came from a 2004 FJR. It has approximately 95,000 miles on it, and the cylinder head was rebuilt on it about 20,000 miles ago. The mechanic's diagnosis for the motor was a failed #3 connecting rod bearing, and we are still hashing out those details on the thread referenced above. Regardless, there are still a lot of good parts available for this bike.

7. I'll be happy to take pictures of any part you want. It may be necessary for us to share micro-fiche and other pictures to be exactly sure that the part you want is the part I am shipping. Admittedly, I may not know the exact terminology for every part.

8. All parts have been cleaned, oiled, bagged, and tagged and are being stored in my attic snug as a bug in a rug. I can't vouch for servicability, but at least you shouldn't get anything that is rusted or with 1/4" of dirt on it.

9. I'll try to ship the parts with its respective fasteners if I kept them in the bag. However, I do have a quart sized bag of "miscellaneous fasteners, brackets, clamps, etc". Sometimes those little bits can be helpful to you if you lose them.

10. Below will be a general list of the parts available, but if you don't see what you want, by all means chime in. I'll update that post and bump the thread regularly to reflect what is still available.

(anyone get the feeling I've done this before?)

Parts Available

Both case halves
Crankshaft
Edit - 1 piston and connecting rod is gone - Connecting Rods and Pistons (#3 rod has a problem)
Oil Pump
Oil Cooler
Transmission gear assemblies (except 2nd gear)
Shift drum
Output gear assemblies
counter balancer assembly
starter clutch (someone will have to tell me how to remove it)
starter and starter gear
Rotor, Stator
All comptuer sensors
cam chain
cam chain tensioner (blue dot is visible)
water pump
Cluth assembly (basket, plates, pressure plate, clutch rod)

Cam chain timing cover (no rash)

Camshaft (aks "valve") cover (straight)
All internal brackets and covers

Parts either gone or not originally available

Spark Plug boots
Clutch slave cylinder

Stator cover (no rash)

Clutch Cover (no rash)

Shift Forks

2nd gear in the transmission

Cylinder Head
cam shafts

Cam cover

1 piston and connecting rod

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone was looking for a part the other day that I have and could have helped. So I'm bumping this thread - if ya'll need anything, please holler. This is your motor too.

Did you ever figure out what caused the rod failure? When I read the tear down thread it seemed to me that it was initially thecrushed header pipe that started the burned valve. That much extra back pressure for I think you stated 15K miles probably caused it. SIMHO

Ingie

Ingie - I can't say for sure because, among other things, I'm just not that knowledgeable. I never did plasti-gage the bearings to see what they actually measured. Others here posted thoughts on the breakdown thread from their know-how and the pictures. My "header pipe" theory is plausible, but I can't prove it.