A visit from On High

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
I hosted the FJR mileage king this weekend. SkooterG PM'd me a while back asking to get together as he passed through the area from Texas going to Orlando. Offered him the sofa, and acquiesced to his request for a trip to Schooner's. He'll probably post his own thread when time permits, but I thought I'd post a couple of pics from dinner.

It was great to meet Greg, we had a good time running up and down the beach strip, and I only had to restrain him physically from high school girls no more than 47 times. I think he's learning to behave better! It was nice to confirm that his goofy Internet personna, and the aura of a complete lack of intellect, is actually quite genuine!
smile.png
My only regret is that it was my first Gen-II FJR visitor and he wouldn't let me disassemble anything!

So first off, we violated the parking rules at Schooner's:

DSC_6843.jpg

Waiting for a table, catching up on email.....

IMAG0206.jpg

Now waiting for food....

DSC_6850.jpg

When we arrived, the sky was thin overcast so we didn't have much hope of a sunset. The sun came out while we ate, though, so after paying the bill we went down to check out the scenery. We saw plenty of bikinis, as a volleyball game was in progress, but I took pictures of the sunset. (Greg paid the tab, BTW, so thanks. Even though he did whine about the expense. Which was his own fault. I had a burger and a beer, he had a beer, a salad, a plate of peel-n-eat shrimp, and a grouper plate. Jeebus, why am I the fat one?)

DSC_6871.jpg

Fortunately he was in jeans, and kept his kees to himself.

DSC_6872.jpg

Proof positive that I can say anything I like about anybody else's ugliness, being well qualified:

DSC_6875.jpg

DSC_6879.jpg

We wandered down the beach road, a couple of stops to look around. We got chatted up by some folks who noticed the bikes, including one guy who was proving he was cool by talking about how often he and his 'busa outran the cops, and how many times he's broken 200mph on it. Geez..... dude would not go away!

Eventually found an ice cream store that RadioHowie is familiar with. It was a little cooler out this time than when he was here, so the ice cream remained frozen long enough to eat! But Greg had to be pulled back a couple of times again while in line. I think he has something for tattoos......

IMAG0207.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Walter this time we have to hook up when we are in town. See you in about a week or so.

Rob