• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clearwater LED Light Brackets, For Gen III ES Only

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
Well dang, I saw Sac Mike's light brackets and immediately purchased a set and installed them just a few weeks ago. Then I had a conversation with near neighbor and fellow NERDS FJReady and he made some good points when discussing the light brackets. We gots some smart NERDS. He pointed out that the Clearwater brackets put the conspicuousness lights up high and can interfere with seeing the turn signals. He also pointed out that the brackets bolt to a casting which is part of the upside down forks, in a tip-over or accident the Clearwater brackets can put enough force on the casting that there is some (small) chance that the casting could be fractured.

Russ had a few minutes so he wandered into his garage and machined a set of LED front fork brackets for his new to him '14 ES. Being the clever fellow he is, the brackets he fabricated overcome the little issues with the Clearwaters. One thing Russ did was make his brackets so that the tip is only 1 mm from the casting so there is no normal contact, but should a large load be put on the casting there is less likelihood of breaking the parts. I'll probably swap out the bolts for cap head hardware at some point (after snow arrives).

So here are the brackets that go along with this little story.

Here is Sac Mike's Bike that got me to speed dial Clearwater for their jewelry:

IMG_0514_zpsbzljjgsw.jpg

This is the Clearwater kit, they don't normally sell the brackets separately, but they did make me a special deal:

IMG_3875a-XL.jpg

Here is the kit installed on my '15 ES:

i-nRkDhpQ-XL.jpg

i-FmhwNVx-XL.jpg

i-tTJhqht-XL.jpg

This is the bracket set that FJReady milled up in his garage:

i-kdD4bTP-XL.jpg

The Clearwater bracket is on the right and FJReady's bracket is on the left:

i-D3qkhNH-XL.jpg

i-XFzc4vq-XL.jpg

i-DHwT6xQ-XL.jpg

I'd love to hold onto the Clearwater brackets, but they would probably become pet parts, fancy to look at but useless and in the way. Since they are used for as long as 3 weeks and may have dust on them I'll let them go for $20 plus shipping. You have read FJReady's concerns, if you aren't concerned then they can be yours
smile.png
Very handsome little bits they are.

Again, these brackets only fit a Gen III ES model with the inverted forks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the brackets come with the mounting hardware?
If so, consider them sold!

PM incoming.......
What is shown in the picture of the Clearwater kit is what I'm providing. It includes all the spacers and bolts. Send me a PM and we will discuss PayPal or equivalent and shipping.

Just to close things out...

Via PM Canadian FJR Scott asked to be second in line. Sorry Scott, sold to MaxChuck.

Shipping address resolved, should be arriving at MaxChuck's casa in a couple of days.

We need to get on Chuck's case and see that he gets a platform that accepts the spiffy brackets ASAP and gets them out on public display.

Alan,

I don't see the little lock nuts on the inside of the fork casting.
mda.gif

In the last photo the flora reflection makes your bike almost look green. It made me think of my '98 Concours. I loved the color of that bike.

Glad you're happy with the brackets.

Almost busted. I took the picture that shows the fork casting half way through the job to show the difference between mounts. I'm capable of forgetting the comparison pixs if I didn't do it when I was thinking about it. Then the job got completed. It isn't every day that someone on the internet inspects my nuts
wink.png

I have 0.375 x 1.75 x 12 aluminum bar stock, qty 2, coming from McMaster Carr due tomorrow. Your Givi relocation bracket looks like it'll do the job, we tested it over the weekend. The 1" setback was amazing. I'm thinking I'll make the brackets with a 1.5" setback but will still have the option to change the location if we choose. Your bracket is kinda conflicted, it can't decide if it wants to be SAE or metric
laugh.png
My brackets will be too.

I need to get your bracket back to ya so you can repurpose it into something useful like a space capsule reentry heat shield...

Hope the Left Coast is treating you good!

Alan,

You can keep that bracket for any new repurposing applications that come you way. I can get more easily from the scrap pile.

I only have SAE taps so that piece probably has 1/4-20 threads in it which is only very slightly larger that the Givi 6mm screws.

That set up worked fine on my Gen 1 mounted topcase.

Glad the setback worked for you. Believe it or not, my pillion (nor anyone else for that matter) has been on my new to me GenIII. So I don't know if I need to move that V47 around. If I do, I may be looking to steal your bracket design!

We're back from left coast. We did have fun out there. Found a lot of good roads for future two-wheeled travel. Up and down the Columbia River gorge (valley) from Hood River to Portland, and over to Vancouver, Camas and North Bonneville on the Washington side. Even visited Cannon Beach one day. Fortunately we had good weather for hiking . Took in many scenic waterfalls.

OK, thread hi-jack over...