Need help near Latrobe - No Breakdown Involved

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnirtsnod

Reaction score
I'm entering the fray of FJR riders and have located a bike for me to purchase; however, it's in Latrobe, PA. If there is a forum member who lives near and is willing to check over the bike on the floor, I could use some feedback. From the pictures, I'd say it is showroom quality but hey, sight unseen is a scary proposition for that kind of money. It's located at Hillview Motorsports, right next to the Arnold Palmer Regional Airport - 4385 US-30. Joe is the sales guy I've been communicating with and the bike is a new 2015 ES.
smile.png
As eager as you guys are to help one another, there might be twenty of you heading over at once so please PM me to discuss. I'd be glad to compensate you for your trouble. ...Don

Deposit left last night by someone else. Deal is contingent on getting their loan, though. On hold for now. Thanks.

I live about 10 miles from the dealership. I bought my 2010 there, these guys seem pretty decent. If I can help you I will check it out, let me know

John

John, I'd be glad to help if this is still available. I need to get an inspection this month anyway, and might be able to multitask. Let me know. I'll send my mobile phone # by PM.

I'm entering the fray of FJR riders and have located a bike for me to purchase; however, it's in Latrobe, PA. If there is a forum member who lives near and is willing to check over the bike on the floor, I could use some feedback. From the pictures, I'd say it is showroom quality but hey, sight unseen is a scary proposition for that kind of money. It's located at Hillview Motorsports, right next to the Arnold Palmer Regional Airport - 4385 US-30. Joe is the sales guy I've been communicating with and the bike is a new 2015 ES.
smile.png
As eager as you guys are to help one another, there might be twenty of you heading over at once so please PM me to discuss. I'd be glad to compensate you for your trouble. ...Don
I live nowhere near PA, but..... you want someone to check out the condition of a "new" bike at a dealer? Isn't that the definition of "showroom?"

Bought my 14 ES from these guys they were very easy to deal and very willing to deal. At the time of my purchase they beat EVERYBODYS OTD price by several hundred dollars and at the time I was very willing to do a fly and ride. At no time did they give me any reason to question their intent

I found them on cycletrader and thought no way can that be the price. About 100 miles from me I rode over looked at the bike on Saturday called back monday made the deal on the phone and picked it up the next weekend.

I've run into others who have bought from them and general found their deals are hard to beat.

Good luck it worked for me.

Great support. You guys are ready to help.

I spent too long making plans to inspect and ship, so when I called to place a deposit, they had a deal going that eventually went through. I'm really glad for the person buying the bike because it was a good deal. Thanks for the offers of support. ...Don

P.S. Joe at the dealership was really responsive. I would definitely do business with them if another deal came along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, looking forward to seeing you Wednesday to pick up your new bike. Good to hear you will be heading to EOM in Wytheville on Thursday!