My Dyno Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigRegs

Reaction score
Once a month, May through September there's a great bike night in Indianola, about 15 miles south of Des Moines. Good weather can bring upwards of 2000 bikes. (So I'm told, I've never bothered counting.) Anyway, last Friday was the last one of the year and there was a bit of rain that moved through so the crowd was lighter than usual. The dealer where I bought my '07 brings their dyno trailer and there's usually a line, but not so this time. The dealer gave me a break on the price for the test, so I had them roll it onto the wagon. Here's the result:

9212007Dyno.jpg

Bike is bone-stock, 9300 miles, all I've done is ride it and keep the fluids fresh. FWIW.

Craig

Once a month, May through September there's a great bike night in Indianola, about 15 miles south of Des Moines. Good weather can bring upwards of 2000 bikes. (So I'm told, I've never bothered counting.) Anyway, last Friday was the last one of the year and there was a bit of rain that moved through so the crowd was lighter than usual. The dealer where I bought my '07 brings their dyno trailer and there's usually a line, but not so this time. The dealer gave me a break on the price for the test, so I had them roll it onto the wagon. Here's the result:
Bike is bone-stock, 9300 miles, all I've done is ride it and keep the fluids fresh. FWIW.

Craig
I think comparing different bikes on the same dyno, or your own bike before and after mods on the same dyno is interesting, but comparing numbers from 2 different dynos is a mistake. For example, my 749 showed 106.2 on one dyno (Bremmerton), and a short while later, 98 on another (EMS in Bellevue).

Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
did they tweak the ECM? i noticed your a/f ration on one run is very different.

if the test is run to the sae spec and the dyno is in calibration. 1 hp is 1 hp.

also a calc is suposed to be run to correct to std conditions. (air temp. altitude etc)

i assume the software would take care of it.

did they tweak the ECM? i noticed your a/f ration on one run is very different.
if the test is run to the sae spec and the dyno is in calibration. 1 hp is 1 hp.

also a calc is suposed to be run to correct to std conditions. (air temp. altitude etc)

i assume the software would take care of it.
I'll be honest, I'm not real sure what they did. I'm not one who fully understands all the physics and subtleties involved here. If tweaking the ECM involves getting at the engine or something similar, then no. He just opened 'er up 3 times and grabbed the switch that hung above the bike. Perhaps the way the sensor was positioned in the exhaust?

Craig