Military FJR Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrapeApe

Reaction score
Are there any military FJR owners out there (past and present) on this forum? If so, how about listing unit and location?

Former Marine here...was w/ 3rd Battalion 7th Marines from '92 to '96. Currently employed by the DoD still working for the Marine Corps in 29 Palms, CA.

Semper Fi

Former USAF cold warrior:

35th Tactical Fighter Wing, George AFB, CA

831st Tactical Fighter Wing, George AFB, CA

343rd Composite Wing, Eielson AFB, AK

9th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing, Beale AFB, CA

97th Bombardment Wing, Blytheville AFB, AR

I've been a civvy for almost 20 years now, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active Army 93 to 2000

PA National Guard from 00 to present

currently I am the Chinook Flight Engineer Instructor for B co 2/104 Avn

Forgot to list mine. Florida Air National Guard 125th Fighter Wing Jacksonville, FL. F-15 Mechanic. Was also stationed at Eglin AFB, FL and Langley AFB, VA while on active duty. Currently, full-time (civilian) with the 125th FW.

Navy retired, 1957-1978. Favorite duty station: Nha Trang, RVN 1968-69, favorite R&R spot: Melbourne, Australia, runner up: Hong Kong. :D

USAF from 1987-1995. Air-Ground-Air Radio Operator, Combat Crew Comm.

Various units from:

Det 2 1 ACOMMW, Offutt AFB, NE

1936 Comm Sq, US Forces Azores, Lajes Field

1st Comm Sq, McLellan AFB, Sacramento, Ca

Former Marine here...was w/ 3rd Battalion 7th Marines from '92 to '96. Currently employed by the DoD still working for the Marine Corps in 29 Palms, CA.
Semper Fi
I still remember my first stop in 29 Palms on the way to Fort Irwin for NTC training in 1985. Loaded our tanks on railhead from Georgia and had to be breifed by the Marines in 29P. It was one of their jobs to keep us Army recruits up to speed on the hazards of the desert. I'll be damned if everything they told me I didnt run into.

Beside the obvious: temps, sun and dehydration. There were sidewinders, scorpians and all other kinds of scary shit running all over. The best one though, which I paid attention too, was a flash flood. I had seen it storming in the distant mountains during the day but didnt think much of it till I had a little trickle of water running through my tent that night. Within minutes it was waist high and by the time we collected our weapons and climbed on top of the tanks it was chest high. One of the scariest moments in my life.

Thanks to the Marines in 29 Palms; I went three diffrent trips to Irwin with nary a scrape.

AD Air Force Stationed @ Malmstrom AFB, MT... for now. Been here 11 years (3rd duty station) and may be headed for southern Cali this summer... bring on the rides.

Sonar Tech Submarines 1989-1995

USS HAMMERHEAD SSN-663

USS SPADEFISH SSN-668

and my favorite

USS PARCHE SSN-683

Full time civilian on Chicago Fire Dept as a paramedic

Life is good GO SOX!

USAF - 2000 to present

2000-2003 > 90 MXG, F.E. Warren AFB Wyoming

2003-present > 576th Flight Test Squadron, Vandenberg AFB CA

Will PCS to 704 MUNSS, Ghedi AB Italy in Jun........

USAF - 2000 to present
2000-2003 > 90 MXG, F.E. Warren AFB Wyoming

2003-present > 576th Flight Test Squadron, Vandenberg AFB CA

Will PCS to 704 MUNSS, Ghedi AB Italy in Jun........
Go riding with Stef!

US Army, '75 to '79

85th USAFAD, Tevern, Germany

NATO Pershing nuclear missle unit

If our shit hit the fan, the world was over.

USAF 1964-1968

4415th Missile Sq(SAC) F. E. Warren AFB, Cheyene,Wy

374 TAW Naha AFB Okinawa

AL-C, (Airlift Command) Phu-Cat AFB RVN.

And I really, really, really have no Idea how that pallet of beer got on board that C-130 bound for KA SAN I am completely innocent. It made it too AL-C DELIVERS.

USAF 1963-1984

7000 hrs. in various KC/RC 135 tanker and recon aircraft.

301 Airrefueling Wing. Lockbourne AFB OH

6 Strat Wing Eielson AFB AK, 24th SRS

55 Strat Recon Wing Offutt AFB NE, 343rd SRS

HQ 13 AF Clark AB Philippines

US Forces Japan Yokota AB Japan

HQ SAC Offutt AFB NE Recon Center

Great way to spend my youth!! Rode bikes at all locations over the years.

Not military myself. But live 13 miles from Camp LeJeune (largest Marine base in the world). And unfortunately I'm pretty sure I have the ONLY FJR anywhere around here. But that will probably change after some of my military budds see my new ride!