Blingalicious!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Haven't seen Carla, one of our FJR riding partners, in a while. This is why:

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

These are the stock '05 rims that have been polished (subbed out to the tune of $300) and custom painted Galaxy Blue by Carla, herownsef. She has no idea how many hours she has into hand sanding the spokes, center rim and hubs smooth enough for painting. My guess: A-friggin-lot! Even the wheel weights are polished to a mirror finish! :blink: Oh, yeah, those are custom painted calipers, too.

Anyway, these look friggin' killer in the, um, flesh. The only detractor is the stock valve stems. Carla said she couldn't find any. Jeff, you have a new customer coming your way. What's the commission on that, anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously a huge amount of effort went into this, very nice !!

And note the use of LED light strips in place of the cheesy reflectors - just out of curiosity, are they wired into the signals?

Neat idea!

I smell a winter project coming on!! are those carbonfiber fork tube covers? if so, where did ya get em???

TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never underestimate the power of a woman. Awesome looking job Carla.

forgot to ask when i replied last night... is there a shot of the whole bike we could see?

khrome

Looks great!

Not for me though, if they are that shiny then there's an expectation that they'll be clean too.

I smell a winter project coming on!! are those carbonfiber fork tube covers? if so, where did ya get em???
TIA!
They are just carbon look tube covers. She picked them up at the local shop, so I'd imagine they're commonly available.

forgot to ask when i replied last night... is there a shot of the whole bike we could see?
khrome
Yep, 'cept it's on the home computer. If I remember, I'll toss it up tonight.