REVISED POLL - How old are you

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long have you been LEGALLY riding on the road?

• Under 1 year

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 2-5 years

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • 6-10 years

• 11-15 years

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • 21-25 years

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • 26-30 years

• 31-35 years

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • 36-40 years (wow)

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • 41 or more ?

Votes: 16 14.2%

• Total voters

jbeebe31

Reaction score
***UPDATED 3-19-09

Ok, after reading many of your requests for more accurate data, I've revamped the poll.

Because the forum only allows you vote once, I started a new one here to achieve the more accurate results.

I left my original question so the results will remain, and two new questions here.

I humbly rescind my initial claim to being the youngest FJR owner at time of purchase to all of you sub-30 somethings... :mellow:

I'm impressed by the vast expanse of both age and riding experience here.

Yur jus a nosey phucker ent ya...

I'm 48, got street legal here in Arkansas at 13...

What else ya wanna know...

:dntknw:

:friends:

44, riding and legal for less than a year.

(Had a Honda Hawk for a summer when I was 21, but wasn't riding it legally!)

Hope ya didn't mean ridin' on the street.. 52 and had them 2 wheeled motorized things since I was 10 or 11... Riding on the street at 15, that makes 37 street years.

James

I'm 41, started riding dirt bikes when I was 5, been riding street off & on since I was 17

Last edited by a moderator:
57 in less than a month, been riding legally on the street/road since getting my learners permit in Oct. '67 at 15.5. Once upon a time long ago in California, one could legally ride a motorcycle on the street with a learner's permit, which was available at 15.5 (had to be 16 with a license to drive a car without adult supervision, though). I didn't lose a day in getting either my learners permit or my driver's license -- made getting to school a lot easier than walking. I think I got my motorcycle endorsement (after they started requiring them) in '79. Actually started riding in the dirt at 12 or 13 (remember my first ride and my parents getting 2 Honda 90s not long after, but don't remember exact date).

I'm 38. Started LEGALLY riding in 98. Never really thought about it until now, but every bike I have either owned or ridden for any length of time has been a Yamaha. :rolleyes:

62 years old, if it's any of your beeswax. Woke up 10 months ago and decided I didn't want to reach 75 never having been on a bike. Been riding 8 whole months now.

My first street bike was a 3 cylinder 1972 Honda CB 350T. The bike was not the best handling nor the best looking but it was a set of wheels. B)

So in the Avatar, which one is you and which one is Tyler? The Cali boys wanted me to ask you, they were too embarrassed to do it themselves. Lefty has way more attitude.
Well, what do you expect from a buncha girls who won't ride in the rain? (or the cold, so I hear)

*leaves more milk and tuna out for OM*

Technically I am lefty, as I am just a day or two *cough* younger than Tyler.

[SIZE=8pt]that, and my previous habit of showing off me undies in public. the meds work wonders now tho! [/SIZE] :blink:

Oh heel!

Now I could any up on this one, but I figure quality(?), is a notch more presentable than quantity, and I want accountablility!

I'm 59. <_<

Oh heel!
Now I could any up on this one, but I figure quality(?), is a notch more presentable than quantity, and I want accountablility!

I'm 59. <_<
Ah, crapola; I am even older than Jorge! I though that Khunajawdge was at least my age, or hopefully a little older. NUTS!!

Started riding street 46 years ago March of 1963 on a 1959 Triumph Speed Twin 500; beautiful British machine, shitty runner!!