Poll: Average age of an FJR rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeebe31

Reaction score
After reading thousands of posts here and learning a ton, I have noticed the possibility of a lot more wisdom and experience in my fellow forum members. :innocent:

So I have this theory that when I bought my 05 in June of 2006 that I may have been the youngest to join our ranks at 32 years old.

I did some searching (forgive me if this has been done) and couldn't find any polls about this.

Thanks for participating and have fun!

***UPDATED 3-19-09

Ok, after reading many of your requests for more accurate data, I've revamped the poll.

Because the forum only allows you vote once, I started a new one to achieve the more accurate results.

I left my original question here so the results will remain, and added two new questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'll find that we're mostly a bunch of old farts group of mature and experienced riders :yahoo:

I guess it will be interesting to see how the demographics have changed since we last did this poll. I see I've advanced an age bracket since the poll was last done.

As a group we are old pharts but we seem to have embraced the old adage -- Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

So I have this theory that when I bought my 05 in June of 2006 that I may have been the youngest to join our ranks at 32 years old.
I think Slapnpop would disagree with your theory since he was around 24 in June 2005 when he started this forum.

I think Slapnpop would disagree with your theory since he was around 24 in June 2005 when he started this forum.
NICE!...hadn't caught that yet.

I guess it will be interesting to see how the demographics have changed since we last did this poll. I see I've advanced an age bracket since the poll was last done.

Dang it!!! I knew this must have been done before. :(

Man I need that "Forum use for dummies" I saw mentioned yesterday...

Guess I put it in the wrong area too... :blink: DOH!

This age poll thingie actually started back on the Yellow Board and carried over to this Forum. Note how old the other poll is, the results may well be shifted this time. Some members have moved on, new ones have taken their place and the rest of us continue to molder on. I know that there are several 20 somethings that are current active members. The poll will always be skewed by the people that choose to take the time to answer the poll and the ones that totally miss the thread.

Note that you can't select NEPERT it is 'gifted' to you. :lol:

I'm thinking that there are more, younger members, than in the beginning as a lot of bikes are now in the used category and have passed on to secondhand status. When the first FJR's hit the states, pretty much everyone was buying new, and the cost of a new bike might have been cost prohibitive for some of the young'ns.

Interesting polls. I too fall in the middle for a few more years. ;)

If I did the other poll back in 2005 and used my age back then, I'd still be in the middle.

maybe you should have done this in increments of 5 years to narrow it down. 10 maybe too wide of a sample.

If I did the other poll back in 2005 and used my age back then, I'd still be in the middle.

maybe you should have done this in increments of 5 years to narrow it down. 10 maybe too wide of a sample.

I thought about that after the fact and I think you're right.

Not sure if I can change it now though?

Increments of 5 or 10, I'm still over the top unless you add a 65!!!!

I did some searching (forgive me if this has been done) and couldn't find any polls about this.Thanks for participating and have fun!
Mark Twain once said, and I quote;

"My father told me when I was 17 that when I was as old as he was, I would know what he knows now. I was glad to see when I reached 25, that he had learned quite a bit since then"