"upgraded" from my 2007 to a 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakeCG

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Upgraydd in quotes because I was going to sell my 2007 after work but totaled it that morning. The frame slider was bent and broken off and my helmet saved my life. Other than a potato sized black and purple bruise on my hip and soreness I have no physical issues. At home all week as per concussion protocol (I'm military). My 2018 arrived three days later so I guess my story ends well. Now I have to figure out how to use this crazy dash with a lot of extra buttons.

Wow! I guess you made out okay then, glad you're not too beat up. If I went back to an FJR it would definitely be one of the newer ones with the 6 speed and LED headlights and dash. The new body style is much nicer too, looks much sportier.

Glad you made it out relatively unscathed! I too "upgraded" from an '07 to a Gen3 '13 and I'm glad I did. Almost everything is better especially the cruise control. Being techno-challenged I also had major trouble with the menu thing but after about a year of constantly F'ing with it I think I finally almost got it but I still haven't figured out how to have particular parameters on a particular page so I am constantly flipping from page to page to see what I want to see. Maybe some day I'll figure that out. Hint- download the owners manual in pdf and put it on your phone. That way you can easily look up how to change the clock twice per year :rolleyes:.

Glad you made it out relatively unscathed! I too "upgraded" from an '07 to a Gen3 '13 and I'm glad I did. Almost everything is better especially the cruise control. Being techno-challenged I also had major trouble with the menu thing but after about a year of constantly F'ing with it I think I finally almost got it but I still haven't figured out how to have particular parameters on a particular page so I am constantly flipping from page to page to see what I want to see. Maybe some day I'll figure that out. Hint- download the owners manual in pdf and put it on your phone. That way you can easily look up how to change the clock twice per year :rolleyes:.
thanks I do need the MOM to figure some of this out.

Glad you're OK and thank you for your service. I ride with over pants and have often wondered if that thin piece of foam at my hip would prevent injuries like yours. Unfortunately, I'm a dinosaur, we don't bounce... we break. 🤷‍♂️ Appreciate your youth and enjoy the new ride.

Pete-o

Still riding my OG ‘03 after almost 22 years. But if I ever needed to replace it the goal would be an ‘18. I love that look. Enjoy.

Still riding my OG ‘03 after almost 22 years. But if I ever needed to replace it the goal would be an ‘18. I love that look. Enjoy.
Must say that after riding to work and back today, I absolutely love the 6th gear. Much different ride than the 2007, but not as cool as saying you're riding an OG '03!