FieldSheer Cyclone 1-Piece Textile Suit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny80s

Turtle Gears
Reaction score
I wanted to post my initial impressions of the Fieldsheer Cyclone 1 Piece Suit.

So far I can tell you this is going to be a very warm suit. Great for the winter, but like HappyPuppy told me when it reaches 70 degrees it will be too hot.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it has an internal gaiter that goes up the mid chest. I makes it impossible to pee without taking the suit off. It is there so you don't get water soaked if you end up in the rain. I think not being get the suit off to pee might end up being more of a threat than the rain so I am going to have the gaiter removed by the tailor.

For $209 delivered it is an excellent buy. I ordered mine on Saturday and got it on Tuesday (today). I am normally a 2XL but I bought a 3xl and it fit great. There is a measurement chart on the website so you can find your size.

I will take a ride in it tonight when it is colder out and post more info.

Here is the link where I bought it.

Sorry this review is taking so long but I took the suit to the tailor and asked him to remove the gaiter. That way the suit will open up more making entry and exit easier. It will also allow me to pee without having to take the entire thing off. I know this could give me issues with water getting into the crotch but I do not ride in the rain a lot and will deal with it for the convenience factor. I should have it back tomorrow and will try it out as soon as possible.

I got the suit back from the tailor sans the gaiter. It was little easier to get out of since I could spread the open zipper wider and now I have the added benefit of being able to unzip and pee without having to remove the entire suit. The suit is made up of three layers: Outside cordura, inner water proof layer and mesh layer. There is also a full quilted liner that can be worn in or out. I had the liner out for my test ride. The suit has the normal armor one would expect in a suit: shoulder, elbow, hips, knees and back.

I took the suit out for a spin early Friday morning. I had on jeans and a short sleeve polo shirt under the suit. I road two hours to Simi Valley in temperatures from 57 to 66 degrees. I road the first 20 minutes with all the vents open. I managed to get almost all of the closed while I was riding. It was slightly chilly but not cold with the vents open. The vents do not blow through the suit to the wearer but instead blow on the inner water proof liner so I did not notice they were open right away. This is why the suit is really more of a cold weather suit. I would not wear it it if it was going to top 70 degrees during the ride. The comfort was great. I bought a 3XL and it fit my 6'2", 32" inseam, 255lb frame nicely. I have room to put on heated gear if I want. It has a couple of cargo pockets, sleeve key pocket and a cell phone pocket on the chest. The suit is easy to get into and does not take any longer than a pair of riding pants and a jacket. Getting the suit off is a little harder. The only tough part is getting the first arm out, after that the suit come right off. Removing the gaiter helped to open up the suit wider when removing it.

You definitely can't beat the price at $209 delivered. I paid $15 to have the gaiter removed and now I have a very warm suit for next winter. If you are looking for a inexpensive, one piece suit for the winter months the Fieldsheer Cyclone should be on your list.

I also bought one of these suits for use next fall. No way I'll be able to wear this till then as this is one hot mamma. I seriously doubt that I will ever wear all the quilted liners it comes with.

As to sizes: I am 6'2, 220 lbs, 36" waist, 44" chest and the XL fits me well. I had a Fieldsheer Highlander one piece in size XL previously and it was too short in both the body and legs and also had too much room in the waist area.

The Cyclone fits me much better.

Thanks for the tip about removing the gaiter. I'll likely do that sometime as well.

Great price. Couldn't resist.

Last edited by a moderator: