New toy! Miata!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup- nothin' like a stick...loved the super T10 in my Chevelle [not a handler of course]...I rode in a friend's Hellcat and that bang shifting 8 speed auto was entertaining. A truly boring tranny- the new CVTs.

Yep. Always been a sports car guy. Mustangs aren't sports cars. Commaros aren't sports cars. Owned an MG Midget, and an Austin Healy 3000. Also drove a Datsun 1600 Roadster (remember those?) Almost bought a Triumph Spitfire.... (Not going to count the Porsche 911 S Targa I had because it was too big....)
Dad had an Austin Healy 3000 (? electric overdrive switch on the dash). Lost more caps and balloons out of that thing. I'm highly confident that's why I like sports cars to this day.

Girlfriend had an MGB that I drove a lot.

Almost bought a TR7 (glad I didn't).

I've always been about the handling and road feel. Fast in a straight line is boring IMO. The RS3 is an auto clutch on a manual transmission. That takes some getting used to but the HELLO THERE mode changes the semi-auto shift points and there are always the flappy paddles and stick for manual-like mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine didnt have the OD, just plain old 4 speed. But that car didnt see any highway time unless I was late for work (it was my only car at that time)

Was looking at the Craigs List ads. There are some survivors out there at around the $5k mark. At this point, if you didnt pile it up it could only go up in value. Hmmm...

Dad tells of getting into a little comparison of performance with an E-Type Jag on some back roads. They were pretty even until he reached up to flip it into overdrive and learned it already was there. The RPMs spiked and he knew he was going to blow something up. Got back into the power band and then saw the Jag fall behind. He turned around to see if the guy was okay only to learn he'd thrown a rod/piston through the hood. He said he expected to earn it but the Jag collected. He never learned what the Jag driver did that earned him the fail.

Latest posts