Purchasing new '23 questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inlaw1

Reaction score
I have an 06 FJR with 112k on it and am looking at upgrading to a new '23. When I purchased the 06 the bike came with the inner bag liners and an extra lock for the top bag if I were to ever add it. Do the new bikes come with these accesories?

I ask, because my local dealer, whom hasn't had in stock, or sold any FJR's in the last 5 years seems to not be aware of this and eventually indicated the bike did not come with them. So, those of you whom have bought new lately, did your bike come with these? Or not?

Also, will the Garauld rack / backrest I have and Cee Bailey windscreen from the 2nd Gen fit this 3rd Gen?

Thanks,

Also, will the Garauld rack / backrest I have and Cee Bailey windscreen from the 2nd Gen fit this 3rd Gen?
Yes to the Garauld rack/backrest, no to the windshield.
Can't say about the bag liners, but AFAIK, the locks should come as a set of three - two for the bags plus a spare for the topcase.

Last edited:
Depends on where the OP is, which he doesn't state. That's why there's always such a variety of answers. In this case it does make a difference.

Depends on where the OP is, which he doesn't state. That's why there's always such a variety of answers. In this case it does make a difference.
His profile says Texas, but I agree that it may depend upon location, at least for the bag liners. They have been an optional "extra" in Canada for at least some years.

Yes, from Texas. When I purchased my 06 they came with the bike, and everyone I know that has bought one (in the States) have gotten them, unless the dealer was a bit of a dud. I think I may be dealing with a bit of a dud. But for the deal they are making me I'm not going to walk away over an $80 set of bags.

Thanks for all the input.

Yes, from Texas. When I purchased my 06 they came with the bike, and everyone I know that has bought one (in the States) have gotten them, unless the dealer was a bit of a dud. I think I may be dealing with a bit of a dud. But for the deal they are making me I'm not going to walk away over an $80 set of bags.

Thanks for all the input.
When getting what you believe to be a good deal certainly don't walk away. I don't think anyone is suggesting you do that. But me, I also wouldn't walk away from what I'm paying for regardless of what the dealer says. If the bags and 3rd lock are supposed to be included (as they always have been in the USA) a quick call to a Yamaha Rep may well get you what you paid for.

When getting what you believe to be a good deal certainly don't walk away. I don't think anyone is suggesting you do that. But me, I also wouldn't walk away from what I'm paying for regardless of what the dealer says. If the bags and 3rd lock are supposed to be included (as they always have been in the USA) a quick call to a Yamaha Rep may well get you what you paid for.
I totally agree with you on all accounts.