Washington Raid's Maupin!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panman

Reaction score
A few of us Washington wetsider's are heading Down to Maupin Or. to spend Saturday out riding Oregon's great eastside riding roads and sharing a few meals together along with some mild testing of the sprits.

We will be going back to the Imperial River Co. and spending the night's Fri 10/9 and & Sat 10/10 we had a great time last year and expect the same this year. Hoping a few more of you all will show up as the Imperial has a great outdoor fire pit to sit around and tell stories by. Oh yea the Restaurant isn't bad either.

So come on down or over or up or whatever.

You might even see the Great Wooley

DSCN0972.jpg

So far those going are;

Mr & Mrs AubrunFJR

Mr & Mrs BeamerReamer

Hudson

escapefjrtist

The Venue

Imperial River Co.

304 Bakeoven Rd.

P.O. Box 130

Maupin, OR 97037

Phone #'s

1-800-395-3903

Phone: 541-395-2404

This really bites!! I was really looking forward to going this year and being able get some more riding in with you guys. I am going to talk to Jonnie and plan on meeting you guys for dinner any way. I will just stay at my dads a little ways away. I am still going to try to make it to the local meets even if it is in the cage! :drinks:

And for those that are signed up for the Dam Tour, the "Rock Creek Dam" is not very far and I can lead the way if need be.

Carl

Hmm, I think Sockmonkey was working on a weekend at Maupin, too. Could be multiple opportunities... :drinks:

I came up through Maupin on my way to WFO last month, on my way to the Rock Creek Dam Tour stop. I got this pic of the river on my way into town. There were a bunch of rafters on the river and in town - it was about 105 that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I think Sockmonkey was working on a weekend at Maupin, too. Could be multiple opportunities... :drinks:
Nope, not this year. My travel schedule is in a complete state of flux meaning it's impossible to plan anything these days. I'd like to attend this get together, but I may well be on the opposite side of the globe in a time zone 14 hours ahead..!

If memory serves...SockMonkey bailed on us last time when he was the ringleader, right? ;) :lol: Looking forward to seeing everyone again. The roads are great and the company even better. Now if the weather holds...it'll be a fun trip.

For those that are entertaining the thought of joining the crew, I'll volunteer to lead a ride from Maupin to Fossil and then south of Kimberly to the museum.

Hope to see you there.

--G

I should be there. Don't know if the wifw will be able to ride yet but she can drive up for food and fun.

AARRRGGGG!!!!!

Schedule conflict, for me.

Don't want to miss this but have an autocross scheduled in the Tri-cities.

I'll have to see where I stand in autocross season standings.

If a season championship is out of reach (and may well be, by then) I may just have to ride instead.

Fecal matter, wedding reception Saturday night in Troutdale, OR. Was going to take Friday off and do some riding in the area, so I may be able to catch up with a few of you on Friday and Saturday morning.

I'm sure my son will have a Grid Kid Game Saturday, but if it's in the morning or late Saturday I could ride up (perhaps Friday night) and just hang out for a few. I'd love to meet more of the PNW riders.

Dave

Duster19,

Anytime you want to ride let me know. I am up for some quick runs anywhere. You live just the other side of the river from me. FYI, friend and i are going on a ride saturday to ukiah oregon and possible to La Grande and back. We will decide once we get to Ukiah. PM anytime.

For any of you thinking about this, I just called around and Maupin appears to be booked up that weekend. I called three different places which is about it for Maupin and they are all full. I am not sure what else might work but there isn't much around unless you want to sleep on the ground. May show up and ride a little and then head for home.

For any of you thinking about this, I just called around and Maupin appears to be booked up that weekend. I called three different places which is about it for Maupin and they are all full. I am not sure what else might work but there isn't much around unless you want to sleep on the ground. May show up and ride a little and then head for home.
That's to bad as there was lots of rooms when I posted this.