$228 Screw up....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
guess who forgot his passport.........

you got it....Roy arrived at my house tonight so we can leave early in the morning, while we sitting outside having a drink I mentioned something about passport control in Victoria and Roy turn several different shades of white/pink........

So after a call to FedEx we got it resolved and now we have to pick it up in Portland on Monday.......

No harm no foul.

R

...good reminder for everyone. And don't forget to make a copy of the picture page and stash it separate from the passport.

--G

How did FeDex resolve this? I take it Roy as a passport and it just needed to be sent up? That does not cost close to $300. What part am I missing?

It does cost that much Barry, especially on a holiday weekend.....

Basically it has to be picked up from his house by a messenger then taken to Southwest airlines at San Diego airport from there it fly's to Portland and we pick it up.

If they delivered it to Astoria it would have cost $450......

Forgetfulness cost money.

R

I guess his CCT replacement came out OK, eh?

$228 oh well, it'll be worth it...now.

Always nice to know friends post to the world your $228 mistakes.

Have fun guys, ride safe. ;)

Always nice to know friends post to the world your $228 mistakes.
Have fun guys, ride safe. ;)
LOL! I thought that Richard was admitting to a mistake. No, just drawing our attention to Roy's oopsie. Glad to hear that you got it sorted out even though it cost big $$.

Have a great time, ride safe, and post pix.

Hey Roy - you owe Fairlaner 228 JimmyKicks for revealing what a dumb ass you are! :rofl:

Either that, or you need to get the compromising pix of Fairlaner... Don't settle for less than $500! :lol:

...good reminder for everyone. And don't forget to make a copy of the picture page and stash it separate from the passport.
--G
I haven't run into this suggestion before, George. How does a copy of your passport help? Help you get another one issued in case of loss or something? Surely they won't accept a photocopy at the border in lieu of the original, will they? Please explain. Thanks.

. . . and Carver's right. :lol:

--G
I haven't run into this suggestion before, George. How does a copy of your passport help? Help you get another one issued in case of loss or something? Surely they won't accept a photocopy at the border in lieu of the original, will they? Please explain. Thanks.

. . . and Carver's right. :lol:
It probably won't get you into most countries but might save you a lot of hassle returning to the US. I came into Miami once with just a color copy of the photo page with no problem, although being flight crew probably helped. The Customs officer did tell me that if you lose your passport you will be flagged for at least the next ten years. But yes, it is a very good idea to carry a copy of your passport

...And don't forget to make a copy of the picture page and stash it separate from the passport.--G
I think the idea is that you can present the copy to an American embassy in whatever foreign country, and it's supposed to make the process of replacing your passport easier. :unsure:

Roy, if you want pictures of Fairlaner's lap dance in Vegas, PM me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell, he's just going to CANADA. That's not foreign. Is it?

Sam, I'll take a copy of those pics. Can you edit Richard out?

Uhhhh, Sam . . . you did not forewarn madmike and me that you might not be safe to take along on a trip. Do we need to confiscate your camera after 5 pm these next couple weeks?
Uhhh....do YOU plan something "untoward" for which YOU might be liable to "post bond" to a forum member?

Uhhhh, Sam . . . you did not forewarn madmike and me that you might not be safe to take along on a trip. Do we need to confiscate your camera after 5 pm these next couple weeks?
Uhhh....do YOU plan something "untoward" for which YOU might be liable to"post bond pay blackmail to a forum member?

Jist askin'? :dntknw:

Really? Sounds like the post 5pm activities should be fun!

"Act as if all were there to witness.

Speak as if the whole world were listening.
Think as if all of your thoughts were writ large across the sky."
;)

American citizens do not legally require a passport to get back into the US - just a piece of photo ID. Homeland Security's databses are pretty comprehensive. - and the photocopy is a waste, though you should keep a record of the passport number, should you ever lose the original document.

You DO need your passport to get into Canada.

As to paying $228 for Fedex, too bad you didn't have someone who could take it to the airport for you and send it express air cargo it for you - you could have picked it up at the airport where you are and it should have cost less than $75.