Farkle Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Hi Gang

had my techy fit some goodies yesterday and here they are:

You can see the sliders and the can

IMG_0324.jpg

This is the only ugly thing on the bike

IMG_0325.jpg

Very happy with the positioning and style of the controller and bracket

IMG_0327.jpg

Close up

IMG_0328.jpg

This side

IMG_0329.jpg

...and that

IMG_0330.jpg

The McCruise electronic cruise control is quite smooth and very steady, a slight occilation in the power surge in short up and down stuff but nothing to worry about. If you are looking for a quality unit with fantastic support and workmanship these are the one's to get.

www.mccruise.com

The matisse sliders are very pretty don't you think?

:D

Farkles to date:

FZ1 mirrors

Matisse steel radiator guard

Magnum Horns!

FJRandy's Horn Harness

Matisse Ploished Alloy Sliders

MC Electronic cruise control

Custom tinted touring screen

Custom bar ends

Carbon tank protector

Carbon fender extender

Last edited by a moderator:
The vac can's not so bad. Looks good, overall...... for a Cerulean Blue Feej, that is. ;)

General observation about FJR owners... Their garages are waaaaaay to clean! Must complete sheetrock and epoxy floor. Custom cabinets are cake - just need the time!

Oh, oh! New topic idea!

TWN

they call it "Storm Grey" here...it's the only colour to have naturally!! ;)

That's the garage...down in the back yard is a 9 x7 metre shed full of shit now that needs some work!!! same as you need to build shelves, it's already plummed for shower, sink and dunny (just in case I have to sleep out there on the odd occasion!) a soundproof room (for music jams etc) :D

FTLFJR

thanks and I do! :D

Great pictures, Thug! :good:

Did they mount the can externally due to the ABS system?

IIRC, MCCruise has been quoting about 4 hours to fit their unit. In your experience, is that a realistic number?

Cheers!

Hell you must have 'Roo problem down there, you need 'roo bars on the back of your truck?? :D

Nice pics,... how about one of the radiator guard.. looks pretty different with that hole pattern! :eek:mg:

I like my audiovox better,you can't see it and i still have an extra 400 bucks in the bank. :p

The sliders look nice though.

Not for nothing, but oddly the cable exit and black ring look identical to the Audiovox. Hmmm, makes me wonder... Perhaps they took the Audiovox unit, put it in a (not so) pretty can, made a couple of brackets and a new switch set, then quintupled the price. Cool business model!

I would like to see more pics to know for sure.

Looks good on you though. Did you get a free bowl of soup to go with it?

-BD

That can location won't really work if you have a passenger will it?
Yes no problem boots are clear of the can

What's the $$$$ of that cruse control?
$840.00 AUD

Hell you must have 'Roo problem down there, you need 'roo bars on the back of your truck?? biggrin.gif
A toyota idea...a towbar and rear nudge bar all in one!

Nice pics,... how about one of the radiator guard.. looks pretty different with that hole pattern! omg.gif
See for your self:

Grill1.jpg

Did they mount the can externally due to the ABS system?
yes bugger all space anywhere else

IIRC, MCCruise has been quoting about 4 hours to fit their unit. In your experience, is that a realistic number?
Yep 4 -6 hours depending on your skill level and experience.

Just curious if you considered the AudioVox unit and what made you choose the MCCruise over it, if so? Was it just that MCCruise is an austrailian product, so easier to acquire?

Just curious if you considered the AudioVox unit and what made you choose the MCCruise over it, if so? Was it just that MCCruise is an austrailian product, so easier to acquire?
yes the bloke who makes it is 3 hours down the road from where I live. There was a two fold reason 1. he was close and 2. his reputation ..the product is high quality with excellent construction, professional harnesses and instructions etc.

I've had a look at the Audiovox and I don't like the controller stick it looks flimsy and cheap IMO

Looking good mate! Nice design!! agent.gif
Thanks HL :D

HI Thug

You have a good looking bike, I like your Custom tinted touring screen, who made it?

Goran