Bite The Wieeenie RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaBoy

Reaction score
"Bite the Wieeenie" at Pink’s Hot Dogs in Los Angeles, Saturday, Nov 19, 2011.

Yes, it’s that time again. FJR riders have always been well represented at this epicurean event. We seem to be great biters.

Pink's is an honest-to-goodness Hollywood icon, sub-cultural gathering spot and past IBR bonus location. The establishment doesn't know we are coming nor do they care. Whether you're Mike Kneebone, Barack Obama, Lisa Landry, Kim, Khloe, Kourtney or Elvis, everyone waits in line. And the 1-hour+ wait at midnight for a $3.45 chili dog is a unique Hollywood experience.

Jacked up pickups, bouncing lowriders, Porsches, pimpmobiles, and junkers and LD motorcycle rigs all share a miniscule parking lot while stretch limos and Hummers circle the block while their contents wait in the 1-hour+ line.

Besides us LDRiders with ATGATT, it would not be unusual to see unique body piercing, facial tattoos, the best body modifications that money can buy, spikes and dreadlocks, prom dresses, grunge street wear and barefoot surfers standing in line.

HOT DOG MENU

If you're into hot dogs . . . check this amazing menu out.

https://www.pinkshollywood.com/pgz/menu.htm

The top-of-the-line gastrointestinal bomb is the legendary "THREE DOG NIGHT" -- 3 hot dogs, wrapped in a giant tortilla, 3 slices of cheese, 3 slices of bacon, chili & onions all for … $7.95!!!!!!!! All prices subject to change.

WHEN

Saturday, Nov 19, 2011

Official Agenda +/- 60 minutes

10:00 PM - Tire kickin', extra tall tales and flat out lies!

10:45 PM - Informal “Pimp My LD Ride” contest and "Furthest Distance Rode"

11:00 PM - Line standing and general whining

12:00 midnight - Hot dog mass consumption

1:30 AM - Go home

ADDRESS, DIRECTIONS, GPS

Pinks (World Famous Hot Dogs)

709 North La Brea

Los Angeles, CA

(323) 931-4223

https://www.pinkshollywood.com/

Directions: From the I-10, exit on La Brea and travel north to Melrose. Pink's is on the left, just after you cross Melrose. Just north of the Pink's storefront is a driveway to a parking lot behind Pinks. You can also access this parking lot from the back alley running between Melrose and Warring Avenue.

GPS Coordinates: N 34° 5.040, W 118° 20.650

WHY MIDNIGHT???

Because that's when the beautiful people appear!!! Oh, and it's a perfect Saddlesore Ride (1,000 miles in 24 hours) for WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, AZ, NM, CO, OK, NM, TX. Leave before midnight Friday evening, arrive at Pink's within 24-hours later to get your witness signatures. There will be dozens of witnesses on hand.

No sign ups, no reservations, no pressure. Just show up. Bring a friend! The "Bite the Wieeenie" Ride To Eat is a unique midnight gathering of moto riders.

Dean Tanji

'03 FJR

[email protected]

I'm in! Coming from the bay area.

I'm also planning to do the Spank rally on the way. Already have the counties planned out. :)

Don't think of "Bite the Wieeenie" as a local ride. Over the past 7 years we've had a loyal attendance from the Pacific Northwest including Canada, the mid-state Rockies and central south states.

Past attendance has been in the 75+ range just to experience eating a chilly dog at midnight in downtown Los Angeles with a group of interesting riders.

On rare occasions, the Syskiyo Mountain range between Grants Pass gets early snow along with California's I-5 Grapevine and I-15 Cajon Pass. Knowledgeable and skilled LD riders track the weather and plan alternate routes. The goal is to be at Pink's by 10 PM.

Maura Gatensby, Honda ST1300, from Vancouver is always one of the top distance attendees. She does get competition from the Oklahoma crew.

New standing in line tire-kicking discussion this year will be "what brand tire chains works best running a CT?" :p

And the ever controversial, which keep a rider warmer when stuffed in their jacket? Iron Butt Magazine or the National Enquirer?

I'm considering riding out for this from Atlanta...via Jacksonville to make it a 50cc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering riding out for this from Atlanta...via Jacksonville to make it a 50cc.
Hard core!

Iffin I were a real rider I would one up you by riding out from Phoenix via San Diego and Jacksonville to make it a 100ccc, but alas....... I'm a girlie rider. :blink: