• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Motorcycle Electrical Book

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dogs

Reaction score
My book “[SIZE=10pt]Motorcycle Electrical Systems Troubleshooting and Repair[/SIZE]” has just been published by Motor Books International. My first book “How to Diagnose and Repair Automotive Electrical Systems” has been available in book stores for about two years.

If you work on cars/light trucks and want to learn all about OBDII diagnostic systems, my book [SIZE=10pt]How to Use Automotive Diagnostic Scanners[/SIZE] may be of interest.

I also co-authored the MSF’s “Motorcycling Excellence, Second Addition” riding skills book, published by WhiteHorse Press. Several members of this forum contributed images of electrical projects on their FJRs to the motorcycle electrical book.

[SIZE=12pt]Autographed books can be ordered from My Website for $19.95 plus shipping.[/SIZE]

MCEleCoveF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the copy Tracy. Check out page 147! Lorie just called and said the book just came. I asked her to take it to the garage to show Maxine her ass end in the book (Maxine's you animals) - silence. Women, just don't understand 'em!

Yes, both of my books can be purchased on Amazon. When you buy one from me I'll autograph it for you and instead of making $.85 cents I'll make a few bucks. My wife made me divide the time it took to write the automotive book into the money I've made from book sales and it's not a pretty sight--I made more tucking tacos and bending burritos at a fast food joint when I was in high school--in 1970. She said I was crazy to spend the amount of time it took to write the motorcycle book so I wrote it anyway. Hope you'll buy one from me--I think that with shipping I am about $1 cheaper than Amazon anyway. Tracy...

A couple of photos of my 04 are in there as well. The book looks great - big, colorful photos and clear illustrations. While I haven't had a chance to read it in any detail, it looks like a great reference for people like me that are willing to poke around, but need a little help. I'm looking forward to digging in to it soon.

Jeff

I got a chance to read various chapters over the weekend and it's a really good book for the electrical newbees like me! If you're interested in doing electrical work on your bike, this is definately work getting. Who knew all that goes in in EFI...

Didn't understand what the heck a "stator" was or did - so I went back to this book and there it was! Now I can talk stator, rotor, rectifier (rectum, damn near killed him) and voltage regulator. Good piece of gear for the electrically challenged. :D

Is the discount still available? I don't need 6, just one. Sorry for the much delayed response to this thread, I must have somehow missed it. If the disount is only on quantities of 6 ................. anybody else in ??? I am in for 1, ....... I need 5 more people, come on.

Is the discount still available? I don't need 6, just one. Sorry for the much delayed response to this thread, I must have somehow missed it. If the disount is only on quantities of 6 ................. anybody else in ??? I am in for 1, ....... I need 5 more people, come on.

I'll take one for the bikes,

Thanks for the offering.........