September Torrey - A Gathering Of Sport Tourers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdfrantz

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Dick Frantz

I organize an immensely popular Rider's event held in and around Torrey, Utah each Fall and Spring.

Our Fall event, our TENTH, will be held Friday, September 23rd, through Sunday, the 25th.

ALL RIDERS are welcome. Among the usual 100+ attendees, we've had quite a few FJR Riders. However, I'd like to extend a very explicit invitation to you folks, what with our new Board and all.

Aimed mostly toward Sport Touring Riders, those are the most numerous bikes present. None the less, folks show up on all manner of bikes, Tourers, Cruiser/Tourers, Sport Bikes, and a growing contingent of Dual Sport riders who also make use of the awesome Utah trails. Paved or Dirt, the Utah roads are nothing short of Spectacular -- especailly around Torrey.

And that's the big attraction. It drwas RIDERS, Real Riders. Those very special people, decent people, whose personalities contain that something extra that makes them such fun, and such a joy to be around. And they do come -- time and again. I'm wholly confident you'll meet the finest people you could ever hope to, from all over the country, and from Canada, Mexico, and even from time to time, from Europe. Some folks wouldn't dream of missing "Torrey".

It's really hard for me not to continue to heap superlatives on all the aspects of the event. And also to quickly run out of space trying to relate just the physical details, much less the wonderful things that people get into, have happen, or just plain experience. I'll leave The Results, and their effects for you to relate after your own visit. I'll just point you to the Web Site that contains details about our upcoming Gathering At Torrey: Torrey Web Site.

There's a Registration Page there. Why register? Don't worry: The Event is FREE; We don't sell email addresses or anything like that. Basically, we need the info to prep your Name Tag. And, we pass those out at our Friday Night Welcome Party. So, we can use a count of who's coming so we're sure to have enough for you to eat and drink.

The secondary reason is the Registration section allows you to run a listing of Attendees. With the right information there, if you'd like, you can cantact people from your area, or who hight share a route to/from Torrey, and get hooked up to ride together.

If it doesn't work out for you to join us this time, Spring Torrey held the weekedn before Memorial Day, isn't that far off (Unless you've experienced Torrey, in which case it can seem an eternity). We'll be there. It'll still be Free. And awesome.

But, I do hope you can make it. And that you'll look me up whan you do.

YOu meet the nicest people at Torrey. They're Riders.

Best wishes,

Dick Frantz

PS: Please feel free to contact me at any time about the event, or getting there: [email protected]