Pimp my ride II......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
First.. I know chrome will make my wheels so weak they will explode and fall apart. I know I will walk out in my shop and find my bike laying in the floor on its side because chrome can't be good for wheels.. So all you nay sayers log out now :dribble: .

I sent my wheels to Classic Components in Santa Anna Ca. for polishing and plating. I have a buddy who gets me a great deal so I had them done. I also did my 04 FJR and think the 05 blue will look better yet. It cost me $430 including shipping both ways. I would also like to thank Mahaffydr, and Skooter G for the loaner wheels so I could still ride. Heres a few pic's of my pimped out FJR. Thanks for lookin.... Smitty

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

WOW! :dribble:

But I think I caught sight of a speck of dirt.....

...no that was on my computer monitor. Never mind. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to upgrade your rotors... they look like crap next to the blinged out wheels now...

You need to upgrade your rotors... they look like crap next to the blinged out wheels now...

I thought the same thing Groo. The rotors look like crap...

Next to do list.... Cool rotors :yahoo: ..

Schwing!!!!

:clapping:

Looks great Smitty! :yahoo:

Just one thing....................

Don't even think about returning my wheel unless it's chromed. B)

Schwing!!!!
:clapping:

Looks great Smitty! :yahoo:

Just one thing....................

Don't even thing about returning my wheel unless it's chromed. B)

Yeah - I Like it too - NICE JOB! Send a pix to Yamaha for the '08...

Smitty,

Great wheels, but how do you like those Traxion Dynamics AK-20's? How do you set high spped and low speed compression damping using the standard fork casing? Or doesn't it have that? I didn't see it mentioned on the web site, but was talking to Lee from Traxxion and he mentioned it. I ordered the springs, but he could not talk me into the cartridges. Maybe next time.

BTW, chrome rotors are stupid on any bike!!!

I secretly coveted your old bike for those hoops.

Gotta say, it looks sharp IMO!! Way to stick it in the purists' faces smitty!

-BD

WOW those rims sure are SWEET looking. Is it true chrome will not get you home but it will get you laid.

Tom

Pimpmobile.

Don't expect me to be riding with you...

The fact that I can't keep up has nothing to do with it.... :glare:

B)

Smitty,
Great wheels, but how do you like those Traxion Dynamics AK-20's? How do you set high spped and low speed compression damping using the standard fork casing? Or doesn't it have that? I didn't see it mentioned on the web site, but was talking to Lee from Traxxion and he mentioned it. I ordered the springs, but he could not talk me into the cartridges. Maybe next time.
Barry, you only have rebound (on top) and slow speed compression (on bottom). I really like the AK-20 kit, but a little on the $$$ side ($1150. installed).

That looks great!
How long did it take to get the wheels back?
Turn around was about a month. This included ship time. Smitty

Latest posts