Shinko Raven 009's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parts guy won't sell them to me. Whether bullshit or not, says the FJR is too heavy for 'em, but he does say that the sport bike crowd buys 'em and likes 'em.

My parts guy won't sell them to me. Whether bullshit or not, says the FJR is too heavy for 'em, but he does say that the sport bike crowd buys 'em and likes 'em.
Little bit of a hijack here...what exactly are the parameters regarding the tires that can be used on the FJR. I realize that we are talking about a 600+ lb rig here. Does anyone have experience running say a Diablo Corsa or Dunny Qualifier for a track day? I'm interested...

Hijack over. Sorry Dave.

I wondered about this myself. But, Stef has stated that he has/is running these tires and finds them a fair tire. I looked around on the site but didn't see anything related to recommended bikes, etc.

See Teerex's comments in this thread.

For the money, I am going to roll the dice. I will be the test dummy on this side of the pond. It might be a while before I can report my experience as I am not currently in need of shoes, but I will report on what I find. Keeping in mind, I do not ride very aggresively.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son works at the local Yam/Kawa dealer and he reports that the Shinkos aren't exactly the highest quality tire, and generally preferred by the sportbike crowd looking for cheap replacements for OEM rubber that they've worn out from burnouts. No 1st hand experience here, but I won't be putting them on my bike.

Has anyone (besides Teerex) actually mounted these on an FJR? Anyone have any first hand experience?

Thanks for the link, jwilly! Interesting read. These tires may in fact turn out to be just fine for someone with my riding skills.

Latest posts