WFO-6 Curtain Closes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
I hooked up with IronMaiden, DougC, and BigChiefStinkyPants at o'dark thirty this morning in Oregon and rode the rest of the way together. As we rolled into The Marriott there was the giant blue Yamaha trailer full of bikes for us to demo this weekend!

Most of the staff have rolled in with some guests....maybe a couple dozen total. Then the sky opened up with rain of near Biblical proportion. It stopped in 15 minutes and now nice and cool.

We'll be spending this afternoon and evening setting up for tomorrow's onslaught of guests.

The weekend is gonna rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hooked up with IronMaiden, DougC, and BigChiefStinkyPants at o'dark thirty this morning in Oregon and rode the rest of the way together. As we rolled into The Marriott there was the giant blue Yamaha trailer full of bikes for us to demo this weekend!
Most of the staff have rolled in with some guests....maybe a couple dozen total. Then the sky opened up with rain of near Biblical proportion. It stopped in 15 minutes and now nice and cool.

We'll be spending this afternoon and evening setting up for tomorrow's onslaught of guests.

Talk to me, Iggy...what's the current temp there in PC???

[SIZE=24pt]SHIT!!![/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Iggy's online already.[/SIZE]

So much for Rad's call to anarchy -- political posts, flame wars, oil discussions and calling the moderators out.

Can't have any fun here, it seems. It's almost enough for me to tell everyone (employer, clients, etc.) to go to hell, throw the tent on the Feejer and book it across the desert at night to hang out and get sloppy drunk in Park City. Let's see, who do I know in Park City? Seems a couple of old skiing buddies from Tahoe might still be there. :unknw:

[SIZE=24pt]SHIT!!![/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Iggy's online already.[/SIZE]
So much for Rad's call to anarchy -- political posts, flame wars, oil discussions and calling the moderators out.

Can't have any fun here, it seems. It's almost enough for me to tell everyone (employer, clients, etc.) to go to hell, throw the tent on the Feejer and book it across the desert at night to hang out and get sloppy drunk in Park City. Let's see, who do I know in Park City? Seems a couple of old skiing buddies from Tahoe might still be there. :unknw:
If you have a tent you don't need to know anyone! Get on the bike!

Cool! Can't wait to get there tomorrow! It's been awfully quiet the last few days in this section. Hope everyone makes it there ok.

Talk to me, Iggy...what's the current temp there in PC???

Right now it is 73 degrees at my house in Park City, raining cats and dogs. The precip is welcome, its been very dry here in Utah so far this summer. However, I hope the rain abates for tomorrow and thereafter until at least next week. See you soon. :clapping:

After a two day zig/zag of tiny Nevada roads ...with much rain today especially in the Great Basin National Park

...I roll into WFO2007 ground-zero to check it out ...and wouldn't you know up front and center were TWN, OvaleFJR, Ignatio, as well as other including IronMaiden ....Later saw Warchild and many others (sorry can't rember all the names)

**Trust me when I tell you that these guys and gals who have been orchestrating this thing are on-the-ball and this is going to be one hell of a barn burner good time .....Good job you guys.

So, there are a few drops of water here and there ....I hit more than a few today ...including my entry into WFO2007 ground-zero ....here are a few shots of the rain.

P1010005.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010016.jpg

Mind you: just some minor rain flurries ...don't let these pics scare anyone from the fun that will be had. ..and the forecast is looking awesome.

I like the rain so much, I got back on the bike and had huge downpoors all the way into SLC where I'm staying tonight. I'll remodel this town before bringing Nevada style fun to Ground Zero Park City, which will be my home base until Sunday. This is going to be some good fun!!

...renojohn

Save a canoe for me... I'll be there early afternoon tomorrow, God willing and the creek don't rise.

Have fun! I had to cancel my trip last minute due to a knee operation, so I will have to live WFO vicariously through the posts and pictures, so keep them coming. Maybe next year!

Bill

There are 3 bieks here right now, and registration doesn't start until 090 Thursday mornng. Theygave us about 1/3 of their parking garage so it looks like there's plentyof room.

The rain looks like it should abate ovr the next 2 days so ridig Friday and Saturday should be terrificc.

The skies overhead hile riding through Southern Wyoming were quite dramatic! It sure ws beautiful riding through the mountains and valleys with TWN & O'vale. Cdogman met us in Jackson Hole and led us down to Park City at a rather "brisk" pace. MCML says that he, "added a few mph to my comfort zone today."

See the rest of you when you arrive.

I should be on-scene in about 12 hours or so. The sad thing is, in about 80 hours from now, it'll just be a memory. Too bad the hype can't last forever. Aw hell, now that I think about it, I've got 80 hours to flog the snot outta my FJR in Utah!! :hyper:

FJR Pig, FJR&R and I arrived about 10:15pm tonight. We missed the heavy rain, and had a nice ride in from Portland. Looking forward to sleeping in, checking in, and having a great weekend!

Latest posts