Jdog Runs the Fairlane

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Jeff came to my house this morning so i could do his suspension for him.

he met me at a morning cruise i always go to on a Saturday.

On the way to my house we had a little drag race.

This was the result with the usual excuses.

Video

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Either you got one bad ass Fairlane, or he wasn't trying very hard, or doesn't know what he's doing.

Nice ride!

Jeff came to my house this morning so i could do his suspension for him.he met me at a morning cruise i always go to on a Saturday.

On the way to my houose we had a little drag race.

This was the result with the usual excuses.

Video

Richard
REMATCH :clapping: damn thing wheelied up for a sec then it hit my rev lim. and lost ground..(I couldnt even hear or feel my own engine over Fairlaner's motor.... ) no doubt though guys Fairlaner has a fast Car.. Not sure if the FJR will beat it off the line... I couldnt even hear or feel my own engine over Fairlaner's motor....

I will post up some more video of the Fairlaner here soon

Thanks again Rich for helping me with my Adjustment on the Feeeejr

Jdog

Cars are fun! :) I can fully appreciate the ride and love that Fairlane body style. Stuff a 427 into it with an aluminum front end.. yea, that's the ticket! Looking at the avatar it looks like you have the tear drop hood on it? Very classic. OK, so.. C'mon, how fast is it?? Been timed at the track? What's it got for motorvation? Transmission? Rear gearing.

Used to have one bad ass '69 Nova SS 396/375 with about 650 HP big block in it. Had the 8pt cage, 9 inch locker, 4 wheel disc, Doug Nash 5 spd. Got some Super Chevy and Autorama awards along with 10 second time slips. Drove that thing everywhere. 3 inch flow masters exiting before the rear and a huge solid lift split pattern cam made the thing sound all pissed off! Old ladies would roll up their windows in fear while next to me at stop light!

Jdog, if you want a chance at keeping up off the line, especially launching a heavy FJR, your going to have to learn to slip that clutch just right!

Cars are fun! :) I can fully appreciate the ride and love that Fairlane body style. Stuff a 427 into it with an aluminum front end.. yea, that's the ticket! Looking at the avatar it looks like you have the tear drop hood on it? Very classic. OK, so.. C'mon, how fast is it?? Been timed at the track? What's it got for motorvation? Transmission? Rear gearing.
Used to have one bad ass '69 Nova SS 396/375 with about 650 HP big block in it. Had the 8pt cage, 9 inch locker, 4 wheel disc, Doug Nash 5 spd. Got some Super Chevy and Autorama awards along with 10 second time slips. Drove that thing everywhere. 3 inch flow masters exiting before the rear and a huge solid lift split pattern cam made the thing sound all pissed off! Old ladies would roll up their windows in fear while next to me at stop light!

Jdog, if you want a chance at keeping up off the line, especially launching a heavy FJR, your going to have to learn to slip that clutch just right!
The car runs a 408, makes 450 at the rear wheels. 4.11 gears with a lentech AOD.

Never been to the track but ran a 10.6 on the dyno. (yeah i know)

Richard

Jeff,

Maybe you should have had "technical dificulty" with that video. I know someone that lost to a AMG SLR not too long ago for similar reasons. That rev lim comes up too quick. Time to get a z-14. Richard's car is one bad ass ride. It doesn't get out that much though.

Sounds pretty soft on the 1-2. Heard the 3-4 and knew it wasn't a C6/C4, but the launch and 1-2 shift told me it wasn't a Top Loader either. Guessed AOD and sure nuff, confirmed in a later post. 450 hp ain't nothin to laugh at, but some quickie figgerin gives it 7.1 lbs per horsie, with the feej at 5.1. Whatever you do Ford boy, don't take dog man on at Pinks.... :p ;)

Sounds pretty soft on the 1-2. Heard the 3-4 and knew it wasn't a C6/C4, but the launch and 1-2 shift told me it wasn't a Top Loader either. Guessed AOD and sure nuff, confirmed in a later post. 450 hp ain't nothin to laugh at, but some quickie figgerin gives it 7.1 lbs per horsie, with the feej at 5.1. Whatever you do Ford boy, don't take dog man on at Pinks.... :p ;)
not sure how you are figuring that out, did you include the 220lb rider? also that was rear wheel horse power.my math makes it much closer than that, and my front wheels stay on the ground no mater how hard i launch.I make it 6.7 for the bike and 7.4 for the car.Richard
I didn't even hear the tires bark...........damn!
If you watch closely you can see it layed rubber across the intersection.R

Yeah, I figgered in crank hp for the feej, the car at 3200 lbs. Puts the Feej and the Lane just about even, but the 1-2 drop in r's on the Lane kills ya. Radbucks still favor the skoot in a 2 outta 3. Now, make it a C6 with a brake, 4:56's or 88's, a 3200 converter, we're talkin a race.

Yeah, I figgered in crank hp for the feej, the car at 3200 lbs.
The car weighs 3040lbs, (glass front end) plus me (220) = 3260 divide by 450= 7.24

Bike weighs 629 ( without all his video gear) rider is 220= 869 divide by 125= 6.95 and that 125rwhp is generous as mine made 125rwhp with a bunch of mods and jeff only has cans.

so 6.95 against 7.24 with the car having way better traction will be very close.

if you do it at crank horse power the car wins. 5.4 to 5.7

Richard

it does have 4.11's and the AOD is really a c-6 with overdrive and it runs the M/T ET streets which hook really well when the 3800stall converter hooks up.

The 1-2 shift sounds a lot softer on the video than it really is.

R

So you have the short ratio AOD then, I'll shut up. If you make it to the Car Craft National meet here, let me know. We'll settle it then.

So you have the short ratio AOD then, I'll shut up. If you make it to the Car Craft National meet here, let me know. We'll settle it then.
Now theres a challenge. The car was in Car craft in June 06.

can you imagine driving that thing all the way to MN. YUCK

Richard

I don't know, I drove a SixPack Bee with 4:10's and no OD to Englishtown, but that was when gas was 50 cents a gallon. Course, I was making $4 an hour too........... :unsure: :p

Know what you mean about gas and gears. Back in the "bad old days", I drove my '58 Vette with 4.56's, Holley 850 double pumper, and Paxton blower Fort Worth to Memphis for the Car Craft National. Won drag race, and 2nd in autocross, but dropped valve coming home. Made an expense trip not counting all that leaded fuel.

Latest posts