Texas Ranch Art

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This from the same state that sticks Cadillacs into the ground, nose first... <_< Texas is big on many things, but apparently, not good taste... :puke:

Bounce , ya left out a pic.

the "sunflowers" which I think are tractor hubs.

wheelflowers.jpg

and just for fun a closer pic of the, well, whatever that is made out of large phone poles.

wtfisthat.jpg

I stumbled on this while riding alone. Had to take pics so that no one would think I was crazy. or more so than usuall anyway.

I have to ask about the highly guarded secret route. Did you mean to scramble some of the road numbers? At first I thought that there was a new road that I didn't know about or something. Also, did y'all ride on past St Jo north on 677 and back around 373 to Muenster? A pretty good ride there and you can see parts of the Devils Backbone. Not that it's much to see but the ride is nice.

Also, if you liked the section from 114 to Decatur, next time ride on up 287 to Alvord and then north on 1655 to Forestburg to hit 677. Good road, no surprises on a Sunday morning so can be pretty fast. Especially if you let the kid in the Passat who lives down that road go ahead as bait. YMMV

Texas is big on many things, but apparently, not good taste...
TWN lecturing on good taste?

BWAHAHAHahahahaha...
I am, sir, the epitome of good taste (you've obviously missed my posts on my Yves St. Sargent [say, Char-shaunt] pannier doilies). After all, I am Connecticut Blue Blood bred and California cultured. Please pass the Poupon, good chap, wot? :beee: :blink:

Your turn, can I get a YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW? :D ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[twowheelnut,Nov 14 2005, 11:18 PM]...

I am, sir, the epitome of good taste (you've obviously missed my posts on my Eves St. Sargent [say, Char-shaunt] pannier doilies). After all, I am Connecticut Blue Blood bred and California cultured. Please pass the Poupon, good chap, wot?

And TWN shops at that fancy French store Tarr-shay. We normal motals pronounce it Target.

Bounce , ya left out a pic.the "sunflowers" which I think are tractor hubs.

wheelflowers.jpg
Yep. You can see them to the left of the "fan" in the 2nd photo. It gives them a little perspective when you know they're tractor hubs but are that much smaller than the fan and the weather vane.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the things I like best about riding, is exploring and finding unusual things.
Finding the strange is certainly fun. The statement that art like that makes in the middle of flatness and the country is meaningful to me. I have lived in that type of setting and I would be the artist was thinking, "Nothing better to do...let's show people there's nothing better to do."

lol