• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet holder for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
If you're looking for an inexpensive easy way to secure a helmet on your FJR, here's a solution:

Holder is made of 1/32" x 3/4" 300 series stainless steel. Easily installs between your seat pans.

Some customers have asked for different length holders depending on seat(custom) and helmet configuration. The 'stock' holder has the U-turn at about 4 inches above mounting surface; but I can make it whatever length you need.

Price: $12 US, stock or custom. Includes the two patches of selfstick 'moleskin'(please no more hate mail) to protect your seat surfaces. Postage within the US included too.

helmetholderleft.jpg

helmetonnoseatleft.jpg

helmetlocked.jpg

I've sold a couple to '06 waiters but no word yet on how they fit. I'll post results and/or changes if necessary for '06 models when available.

I'll add my thumbs up on this one. I've experimented with the helmet sitting on the rear seat (face shield facing away from you while standing on left side of bike... as shown in pic) & sitting on the front seat (face shield facing towards you standing on left side of bike). In my opinion facing the shield towards you makes the helmet easy to roll back onto the rear seat for ease of removing the front section of seat. It also felt like it was more secure (as far as rolling around due to wind, etc) in this position.

This is a nice & inexpensive way to fix the Feej's downfall of no helmet lock, too.

Thanks for accomodating me, Russ. Good stuff here.

Heidi

INVENTORY REDUCTION SALE!

Still have a handful from last batch. Stock length. $10 each.

Sorry, doesn't fit the '06.

Now accepting PayPal. PM for details.

Russ

INVENTORY REDUCTION SALE!
Still have a handful from last batch. Stock length. $10 each.

Sorry, doesn't fit the '06.

Now accepting PayPal. PM for details.

Russ
Russ could you please let us know if you're working on the '06 FJR versions of the helmet holder, and if yes, when do you expect them to be available?

Thanks.

I haven't seen an '06 in the flesh yet. When I do and it has a cooperative owner I'll take a look and see if there's a likely solution. From what I've seen in photos and what kaitsdad tells me the current design no worky. Ha thats funny- No worky on Wonky. Oh never mind.

:D

I haven't seen an '06 in the flesh yet. When I do and it has a cooperative owner I'll take a look and see if there's a likely solution. From what I've seen in photos and what kaitsdad tells me the current design no worky. Ha thats funny- No worky on Wonky. Oh never mind.
Where do you live? Lets see if we can get an 06 over to you for a look see :D

Yeah...."wonky" is a bit of a "dillemna" for me....but, I can drink my chocolate and "goose" it too.....

FJReady is out on a Dads 'n Daughters ride this weekend. FJReady is from Newburyport, MA. Speedfreak with his shiny new '06 is nearly a neighbor in Atkinson, NH. All we have to do is set a meeting time/place. It's destine to happen :yahoo:

6'5" Wormtown! My mother was born there. I grew up just east in Hudson/Bolton area.

Holders: Just sold my last in stock $10 one. Time to make a new batch>

D&D weekend: We road 525+ miles throughout White Mountains Saturday and Sunday. Great fun. 12 year old loved it- Dad too. One bummer is that Mt Washington auto road was closed to bikes: Too much gravel and sand. Next week it should be clear the ranger told me. Lots of snow still visible up on Tuckermans side.

New RMC seat was a nice treat after riding the unforgiving stocker. More later on that.

Passed a new '06 on Rt 101 west bound in Raymond area around noon time Saturday the 27th. Had temporary tags. Assumed the rider was breaking it in because of the slow speed (really shouldn't ride an FJR that slow in public- Bad PR). Pretty color nonetheless.

Russ

6'5" Wormtown! My mother was born there. I grew up just east in Hudson/Bolton area.
Holders: Just sold my last in stock $10 one. Time to make a new batch>

D&D weekend: We road 525+ miles throughout White Mountains Saturday and Sunday. Great fun. 12 year old loved it- Dad too. One bummer is that Mt Washington auto road was closed to bikes: Too much gravel and sand. Next week it should be clear the ranger told me. Lots of snow still visible up on Tuckermans side.

New RMC seat was a nice treat after riding the unforgiving stocker. More later on that.

Passed a new '06 on Rt 101 west bound in Raymond area around noon time Saturday the 27th. Had temporary tags. Assumed the rider was breaking it in because of the slow speed (really shouldn't ride an FJR that slow in public- Bad PR). Pretty color nonetheless.

Russ
Keep me posted when you have a new 06 available. I too went north this weekend. Up to Bethel ME and then to the CA border by Pittsburg NH and then down through VT into MA. It was a great weekend. 750 miles in two days....definately need a new seat. Was your new seat on an 06? How was it? Cost? Wait time? etc.

Funny....I just looked at my previous post and thought to myself..."what the hell was I thinking?". Goose? Chocolate? Wow...someone shoot me.

I've been way too busy with work and house projects this year and haven't been spending enough time on FJR related activity, including riding, unfortunately. Nonetheless I thought I'd give this thread a bump in case anybody might want to give Santa Clause a hint. I sold quite a few last December- I assume they ended up in some stockings. As discussed these fit pre '06 FJRs. Haven't had time to work out the details for the '06s. Perhaps a good goal for 2007.

Still twelve bucks, etc, etc.

Russ

Russ,

I have an 06 and really need on of those nifty helmet locks. Let me know when the motivation stikes again.

Barry