Cold weather hand guards for cheap!! $18.00

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Have Strom guards on my 06... But when riding in the 15 deg. or colder my right hand gets cold, mainly my ring and little finger. I know guys have bought and used Hippo hands or the Vetter for cold weather riding but this is how I did it. Keep in mind, to much snow on the road right now to try them. That said I thing anything that keeps the cold wind off your hands will help.

Bought these from a local Stealer for $18. bucks. They do have Moose emblem on one side, so I just flip them and put it on bottom and out of sight. I did have to make the opening larger to slip over the Strom handguards with a razor blade. I was careful to only cut the stitching. I then heated a pick and made a hole where I stopped to hold together. The hole was to place a nylon tie though the hole and keep the stitching from coming apart. Slip it on and around the guards, hold it in place with the velcro provided and your ready to ride... That is if your not a pussy, and ride all year long.

Heres a few pic's for you... Smitty

004-8.jpg

005-9.jpg

003-6.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-6.jpg

009-5.jpg

010-5.jpg

012-6.jpg

011-5.jpg

013-3.jpg

015-4.jpg

And the boy's just running, warming up.....

016-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thinking - I've got a pair of them I use on the 4-wheeler for those brisk morning rides to the deer stand. Been meaning to see if I could get them over all the junk I have mounted on my handlebars.

BTW, whose map pocket is that on top of LindaT's tankbag in the pics? is it waterproof?

looks like a black trash bag would have worked just as well and looked very similar...... ;) ;) ;)

R

BTW, whose map pocket is that on top of LindaT's tankbag in the pics? is it waterproof?

It does have a waterproof zipper, but I have not been in a soaking rain to know for sure. It does look to be... Smitty

looks like a black trash bag would have worked just as well and looked very similar...... ;) ;) ;)
R
That would be good... It would match that turd your riding... But wait.... I bet yours is "winterize" till June... :fuck:

Smitty

Good deal.

I first saw something like that here in sunny SoCal on Santa Fe Dreamin's bike. Looked like a pipe construction project gone bad. :lol:

Yep...got those same muffs over my strom gaurds as well. They work very well for warmth and after a treating, they are waterproof as well. I road home last week back to Missouri from Louisiana and my hands stayed dry and warm in the 22 degree weather. They do look like crap...but in 22 degree weather, who really cares! I wish all the mods I have done worked as well and only cost $20!

R
My wife made a set that looked just like those out of dark green vinyl that I used to use riding my Bridgestone back and forth to work in the 70's (I still have them somewhere, I think). :)

Smitty,

Very nice and cheap. I got a set made by Watershead, they make them for the police bikes, I paid $150.00 I can now wear my summer gloves with the heated grips and covers.

I would never run something so hideous on pretty Wabs... :unsure:

But I paid more than 18 buckeroos too - great idea Sir Smitty! :clapping:

DSC04117.jpg

I tried mine this morning but it kept blowing in front of me and i could see where i was going ..............

P1040150.jpg

R