Highway one

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Last Monday on our way home from Monterey, John, Bill and I are cruising along Highway one at a leisurely pace when we come up behind a Volvo wagon. The guy moves over to let John pass him but John decides he can't see far enough ahead to make a safe pass, at this point the guy decides to make a run for it.........

is the video of the fun................
R

Very cool. That Volvo was scootin'. Maybe he thought you guys were the man and he had some medical dope and wanted to leave all ya'll behind. ;)

Funny, I don't think I saw much corner braking from the Volvo... but then again he was so far away I couldn't tell. :lol:

You are right he was hauling ass......I kept waiting for him to fly off the edge.........

R

What speed did you - and the Volvo - get up to? (Only if you're willing to admit it and risk incriminating yourself.)

Great vid Richard! Many years ago a bud and I were on the coast highway south of Big Sur and came up behind a chauffeur-driven Lincoln. As we moved to pass him, he floored it and took off. The next few minutes were highly-entertaining as he threw that pig around quite an assortment of tight corners. He was across the double yellow, and into the gravel on the far side of oncoming traffic more than once! We followed from a respectful distance as we didn't want to be collateral damage in what we assumed would be a spectacular head-on at some point. The rear windows were blacked-out so we never did see if his boss was in the back...

Seems like I remember a bicycle outpacing you uphill in one of your last videos, and now a Volvo? What gives? You might want to keep any other videos like this under wraps.

Seriously, Volvos are a sleeeper car. I was driving a Volvo C70 chasing a couple punks in a souped up Acura up Angeles Crest Highway a couple years ago and they couldn't get me off their arses. When they finally pushed too hard they ended up nose first into the mountainside. I stopped to make sure they were Ok and they just looked at me like, WTF just happened?

Just shows to go yah, 4 contacts patches = superior cornering if the cage is properly engineered and driven. No shame in having a 85 year old grandma taking the groceries home stay ahead until a blocking car allowed you slow moto bikers to pass... :unsure:

SoccerMom2.jpg

When I finally passed the Volvo as he hit traffic, I gave him the thumbs up.

Any driver willing to push it like he was deserves the :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

Last edited by a moderator: