Comparison - Full Specs of SST's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguy

Reaction score
Ran across my spreadsheet that I did while looking at all the SST's - That I was interested in anyway. Thought you might find it as usefull a source of info as I did if you didn't do your own.

SSTSpecs-FullComparison.jpg

Corrected 6/9/07

UPDATED 6/18/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Great information.... thanks. The only thing I'd like to see added would be seat height.

How current is the data?

Jackson wrote:

Great information.... thanks. The only thing I'd like to see added would be seat height.
You're welcome. Sorry, I clipped the bottom line. Should be there now

How current is the data?
The data is '07 where availabe, '06 where not

No, actually thats the torque on the new AE model. Talk about low end grunt. I'm surprised they didn't take out the transmission altogether and make it a direct drive.

GEARS. We don't need no stinking gears!

Thanks. Correction made.

:blink: OK, for all you people that have been whining about a sixth gear, did you notice the comparison of engine RPM when motorcycle was traveling @ 75mph...the FJR is turning over the least RPMS @ that speed...end of discussion, quite your whining.

Ours is the best "overdrive" last gear out there.

:blink: OK, for all you people that have been whining about a sixth gear, did you notice the comparison of engine RPM when motorcycle was traveling @ 75mph...the FJR is turning over the least RPMS @ that speed...end of discussion, quite your whining.
First thing I noticed and had to chuckle tooNice quick reference here ...thanks for the trouble and for sharing

You guys did notice that line was in Bold? Coincidence? I think not . . . :rolleyes:

The thing that surprized me was how close they all were and that the GT was so high. All these engineers have to know something about the phsyics of this that trensends brand loyalty.

Also, this was ZX #'s not C-14's.

Yer welcome!

Nice job. Minor correction: it appears your K1200RT is the R1200RT. At least I'm not aware of a RT version of the 4-cyl BMW.

- Mark

Ours is the best "overdrive" last gear out there.
There's whining going on in here? Say it ain't so.............

Good info. Thanks for posting. I thought that I remembered that the C-14 had very nearly the same rake as the FJR. That number may now be available rather than the ZX model.

great job where did you get your numbers?
Actually, the reason I assembled the info was it could not be found in one place.

In order of precedence:

Manufactures web site

motorcycles.About.com

motorcycle.com

motorcycle-usa.

Bikez

the "dealers"

great job where did you get your numbers?
Actually, the reason I assembled the info was it could not be found in one place.

In order of precedence:

Manufactures web site

motorcycles.About.com

motorcycle.com

motorcycle-usa.

Bikez

the "dealers"
Flyguy, How about adding in the Triumph Tiger 1050? It's supposed to weigh something like 435# and have 124hp with the optional can and remapping. That's 3.51 pounds per hp compared to 4 pounds per hp in the FJR. I just rode one and it's quite a fun and powerful bike to ride. The ABS brakes will stop on a dime and give you a nickle change too.

seat height still appears to be missing...

also -- I added a link to this thread in the gen II bin

Rick,

It is on the SS. Not sure why it was left off!?! I will add it back in when I get back to my computer next week.

Any more correction or requests? Please have them in by 6/3.