'05 heat issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobber

Reaction score
Looking for a link showing, with pictures, how to build and install a deflector on the L/H side of bike. I had stumbled across it awhile ago where it had shown how to bend the metal and where to place some insulation. Had saved the link but lost it.

Tried searching again but not finding the right keywords. Anyone know where its at?

Looking for a link showing, with pictures, how to build and install a deflector on the L/H side of bike. I had stumbled across it awhile ago where it had shown how to bend the metal and where to place some insulation. Had saved the link but lost it.Tried searching again but not finding the right keywords. Anyone know where its at?

Bought from Smitty a pad to put under the tank, not expensive $ 25.00, should receive it this week !

This is a good start.

Looking for a link showing, with pictures, how to build and install a deflector on the L/H side of bike. I had stumbled across it awhile ago where it had shown how to bend the metal and where to place some insulation. Had saved the link but lost it.Tried searching again but not finding the right keywords. Anyone know where its at?

Bought from Smitty a pad to put under the tank, not expensive $ 25.00, should receive it this week !

This is a good start.
Pierre,

Let me know how the pad works on your FJR. I have the "wings" to put on mine when I find the time but was wondering if the pad would be good to add as well.

Tom

I think you're looking for a link to the "Cromeit heat fix."
Try that in a search string.
Yes!!!!! Thats it! The pad under the tank I had already done. Also I have done the 'metal' but needed some info for the R/H side.

Want to double check that I had done the right things 'cause still lots of heat coming at me. Maybe I have too much wind protection with the V-Stream windsheild and Yamaha foot sheild's.

I was at the STN national meet at Custer, SD today, and saw this "heat fix":

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg