06 Tamaha touring screen report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cctxfjr

Reaction score
received factory tall screen for my 06 today took for a short ride and its great seems like a different bike clean smooth air plenty of cooling air in all positions, real quiet 3/4 up. no back pressure in any position,no effect on handling in turns or passing big trucks,looks right on bike,no barn door look, greatly reduced helmet noise, I look over screen in all positions, far better windshield than the vstream (for me anyway). I was getting discouraged with the bike as I couldnt find a screen that was right for me. The bike also seemed to run or felt smoother with less vibration.

What is your overall height? The guy I bought my bike from was 6'1" and swore that because I was 5'9" the stocker would work just fine for me. I have yet to find a screen position I am comfortable with. This may be the solution for me.

I'm ready for one of those also. Where are getting them and how much?

I am 5/11--33 1/2 inseam--190 lb. University Motors has the best price 86 dollars but they were out and on back order from Yamaha although they may have some by now. The stock shield was worthless to me air was rough and dirty in all positions and created a lot of helmet noise. The vstream created still air but at the expense of numerous other faults as I posted earlier. I was at the point I was thinking about switching bikes. I hope you have the same results I had although it seems shields are real subjective from one person to the next. I did noticed numerous shields (all brands) for sale in classifieds for 06/07 bikes with the exception of the Factory tall which perhaps indicates more folks are satisfied with them. U/M motors also said they had sold a lot of them. Good luck.

I'm ready for one of those also. Where are getting them and how much?
U/M (link in 06 bin of facts) is best cheapest source (86+ shipping))--its a Yamaha dealer item-I ordered mine off ebay (116 including shipping) as U/M was out of stock and back ordered from Yamaha
Still back ordered till mid August as of this AM ! :angry2:

I've tried many different shields and have found I like the Yamaha Tall touring the best.

I have tried the CB +4+2 with filp, the V-stream, and Cal Sci large, my vote is for the Yam!

I've tried many different shields and have found I like the Yamaha Tall touring the best.
I have tried the CB +4+2 with filp, the V-stream, and Cal Sci large, my vote is for the Yam!
another point is its the cheapest and the fit was perfect unlike some of the others I tried-not mentioned in my earlier post but noteworthy is it had less flexing or movement in high or cross winds than did some of the barn door screens--one negative is I have to watch my speed more closely as I am speeding more ofter and dont realize it because the airflow is not bouncing my head all around. :yahoo:

Hmmm... just read a thread of people loving the V-Stream, now this. I had ordered the factory tall to the 10th without any notification that they were on back order. Now, after two weeks I go and pick up my other gear and they conveniently let me know for the first time that it was on back order. Couldn't wait for and indeterminant amount of time, so the only screen anyone had in stock was the V-Storm, should be here by friday they say. Didn't like paying the extra $$ but I knew a 2000+ mile trip with the stocky was not going to cut it. I will post a good review on the 2k mile road trip.

Yamaha screen on back order. Bought V stream from Umotors(great place) lots better than Stock I am 6' in each direction and it is a big improvement and doesn't look that big :yahoo:

Much better than stock no wind noise. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one have a picture comparison? I am woundering how it looks. I have a CalSci and although it works well in the cold, it is BIG! I got the XXtal. I am 6'4".

Bob

Hmmm... just read a thread of people loving the V-Stream, now this. I had ordered the factory tall to the 10th without any notification that they were on back order. Now, after two weeks I go and pick up my other gear and they conveniently let me know for the first time that it was on back order. Couldn't wait for and indeterminant amount of time, so the only screen anyone had in stock was the V-Storm, should be here by friday they say. Didn't like paying the extra $$ but I knew a 2000+ mile trip with the stocky was not going to cut it. I will post a good review on the 2k mile road trip.
I hear ya - I just read that other VStream thread too, rave reviews, and I'm thinking of buying it (primarily because some of the people that spoke of loving it were the same height as myself - 5'9".

I have both the stock and the Yama tall. I think the tall is a bit better, I use it primarily, but neither are good for me.

(I have a 2005 FJR)

Last edited by a moderator:
$87.96 + shipping at Rick Rousch Accessories . . . . . https://www.rickroushaccessories.com/store/...roducts_id/8303

ordered mine last night - I have the V-Stream and found it to be a big improvement over the stock sheild - anxious to see how the Yammie touring sheild compares - I've heard other good comments about it too.
Do you know if they have this in stock? Do you have shipping comfirmation?

Mike Evans

Saratoga Springs, NY

$87.96 + shipping at Rick Rousch Accessories . . . . . https://www.rickroushaccessories.com/store/...roducts_id/8303

ordered mine last night - I have the V-Stream and found it to be a big improvement over the stock sheild - anxious to see how the Yammie touring sheild compares - I've heard other good comments about it too.

Mike Evans

Saratoga Springs, NY

Mike I was bummed to find out they are not in stock - but I couldn't find one reasonably priced that was in stock anywhere. I still have my order in and they are expecting them this next week I beleive. I was hoping to have it before I make my trip from NY to OH this weekend - I have a V-Stream though.

Mike Evans

Saratoga Springs, NY

Mike I was bummed to find out they are not in stock - but I couldn't find one reasonably priced that was in stock anywhere. I still have my order in and they are expecting them this next week I beleive. I was hoping to have it before I make my trip from NY to OH this weekend - I have a V-Stream though.
I've had stock, CalSci and currently V Stream. So far for me the CalSci with an Laminar Lip is the best but still not happy. I bought the Yammy Tall off eBay and they are supposed to be in Aug 1st. They will be getting an email from me tomorrow. I'm hoping to have it to try before the IBR later this month.