2-Screw 5K-Mile Winter Getaway w No Gear! (PG-13)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top_Speed1

Panama Canal Crosser
Reaction score
First off; 2-Screws is 2 Propellers (for you non nautical peepers). And no direct sex pics... u perv's!, sorry! ...hey, but this is a KJ report so some of my pics may be themed as per this ride report (my private pics will stay that of course).

SSH (skin-showing-haters) should not continue.

---You've been warned!---

I put up a lot of pics cuz it's blah winter here and I'm bored out of my mind. To save my image host some bandwidth I made the images smaller and compressed them a bit more than normal (so they may have a tad bit of pixelization). Quantity overruled quality one might say... at least this time.

Ride Start/Return: Syracuse NY

Ride Destination: Warmth! AKA: The Caribbean

Total Miles: RoundTrip 5,820 (5,260 by 2-Screws, GPS Tracked)

Duration: 9 Days

Who dat went: Me (KJ) and g/f Debbie

Eateries: Too fargen much of everything. Gained 7lbs.

Drinking Holes: 12 bars on the ride, $1K bar tab in the end plus I snuck in eight (8) 2L. bottles of wine for our balcony usage! That was a whole entire lg. carry-on and the scanner dude let me slide thru on the corkage fees!

...yes I think we I have an eating and drinking disorder!

Let's get this fugger in motion...

(3-weeks ago) Bored and cold here in Central NY, I told Deb to pack her bags, were going for a ride, just bring warm weather clothes. Yeah right, she made me tell her. She sucks with surprises, Italian women! ugh!

Hopping the Amtrak at 6:50am. Neither one of us took the train before (Train-Vigins!). It took us thru NY State from 'Cuse (Syracuse) down to NY's Penn Station in 5.5hrs. Damn train fly's at well over 100mph!

Picture541_zps96bb4c24.jpg

Albany NY (da State Capitol)

Picture542_zpse7c78036.jpg

One of the 8 stops (Rensellear NY just SE of Albany) I get out for a walk and find we are getting juiced-up with diesel

Picture540_zps5583a4d6.jpg

Modern Train Stations, my HO-Train Set never had buildings like this!

Picture539_zpscab838b0.jpg

Debbie's snoozing with her earbuds in. Me? Heck no!, techno boy has to play! Whipping out the GPS I see we're booking down the tracks smooth as hell at a buck ten. Fastest recorded was 114mph. I really never knew trains hauled ass like that TBH.

Picture538_zpsea3b05fe.jpg

Hudson River, just north of SingSing Prison

Picture533_zps9290a297.jpg

Southside of SingSing Prison (Ossening NY). In the old days/movies, if you ever heard the term "were going to send you up the river!" well this was where they were talking about...

Picture520_zps134a5a35.jpg

Just south of the 'Sing, we meet the "Tappan Zee Bridge" I-87 & I-287

Picture529_zps9065b99c.jpg

Getting into Upper Manhattan just before we go underground we duck under the "Geo Washington Bridge". Been over it many of times, sure looks higher up on it than it did down below.

Picture517_zps62ed7cdf.jpg

Penn Station is kinda like a big shopping mall several levels below the street level

Picture509_zps24303dd2.jpg

We come up to street level (finally!) Madison Sq Garden / Penn Sta. entrance. Our energy level just went up 100%, the city just does this to you... well plus we were getting excited for our next part of the trip

Picture512_zps9196952b.jpg

Being from the 'Cuse area, and having 2 Sisters graduate from SU how appropriate is it that we get the Cuse Mobile for out taxi over to Pier 89. Yes, our whole family bleeds Orange. Deal with it
wink.png

Picture511_zpsd4f1c518.jpg

Glad I'm not driving in this rat race

Picture515_zps9ba166f3.jpg

Taxied to Pier 89, the terminal to checkin. Nothing new as this will be my 12th Cruise so it's wait n watch others, pretty boring.

Picture010_zps54edc374.jpg

On the Ship, stowed out carry-on's (and all that Wine!). Go up on a deck only to find friggen SNOW! WTF! We're trying to get away from this crap! Oh yeah, the weather was turning crappy, wats new?

Picture017_zps50aeff06.jpg

4pm, time to set us under motion el'Capitain. The speakers start blaring "Start spreading the news.... New York, New York!" kinda thought I was at Yankee Stadium
wink.png

Picture016_zps3096f382.jpg

One of the Space Shuttles (under the canopy's). I think it was the Enterprise if memory serves correct.

Picture018_zps3dbaeb11.jpg

Heading South down the Hudson, kinda cool to look right down the streets

Picture020_zps30f25d4e.jpg

Picture019_zps0e46bb14.jpg

Freedom Tower, right next to where the Twin Trade Towers were. Music plays to "Proud to be an American". I think everybody took in the moment and it was actually quite serious as it should of been.

Picture024_zpscdc48c1a.jpg

Starboard side getting into the mouth of the Hudson

Picture025_zps75d6ee2b.jpg

Verrazonow Narrows Bridge, it connects Brooklyn (east) to Staten Island (west) and the very last form of NY we will see for 9 days, yahoo!

Picture031_zps5b963b4e.jpg

<continued>

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta always "sea" where were at. It's wake-up Deb for our first full day.

Picture037_zpsee8f1746.jpg

Waking up to what we thought would still be a cold-type of a day, I have to get right out on our balcony first thing n check da weather out. Still Cold? Nope! Gulf stream baby, yes!

Picture034_zps3921dae4.jpg

Mornings are tough when you "think" you can part like a rock star the nite before. First thin.. we have to find sum bloody marys. I get Debbie out n about before her morning shower and make-up (I heard her crap on that one!) but oh well, we're on ship-time now baby!. We meet our newest-bestest Indonesian friend "Mango" and he makes us some awesome hangover specials...

Picture051_zpsc8120314.jpg

Picture047_zps4b99227b.jpg

We look for some late morning lounge time to soak up the hangovers, keeping in mind it's not quite in the 70's. Nice yes, but not quite enough yet.

Picture041_zps188fe83c.jpg

Gets warmer...

N gets warmer, well the more south we go, so let's go go go!

Picture055_zps87be8331.jpg

They arrange some deck games, nice enough so we take it for the first day.

Picture061_zps7dd2b215.jpg

Picture088_zps8e0877ae.jpg

Everynite this was a given scene, drink wine on our balcony as the other one does their thing showering n stuff. Worked out quite well and helped (me) save on the bar tab too!

Picture065_zpsbc21cc48.jpg

Went for a round of bowling to work up our appetite for din-din. They had 4 lanes. Like what the heck has cruising come to when ya gotta have friggen bowling alleys on board?! Crazy Ship n yeah, Ship happens.

Picture086_zpsb0899865.jpg

Oh part of my 7lbs that I gained on this trip.

Picture069_zpsf0f48dca.jpg

We hit nightly theater acts in the 1200 seat theater, comedians were very funny.

Picture076_zps28ae684a.jpg

Next day, coming into San Juan PR.

Picture096_zpsac3e9216.jpg

Deb says "OMG, there's another ship here already!" No-ship, girlie, It's a busy port. She's half in the bag already
wink.png

Picture102_zps64733fec.jpg

Bar hoping in old San Juan. Very quaint, we both were thinking "we need to stay longer than 1 day here!"

Picture134_zps428a9bb8.jpg

Not your normal beverages

Picture125_zps81bc6755.jpg

Not your normal streets...

Picture129_zpsc526433f.jpg

Nice city however, clean!

Picture114_zpsf61b12c9.jpg

Gotta get one last drink stop in before we have to head back for the ship. Day went by sooo fast
sad.png

Picture138_zps2291e0a6.jpg

She's a beauty ...the ship that is!
wink.png

Picture141_zps03dd5b76.jpg

Leaving San Juan, we really don't want to however. Like... "leave us here!, we'll get jobs!"

Picture146_zps4046d0f2.jpg

Picture150_zpsbed6a486.jpg

Picture153_zpsecb1d4bb.jpg

Guess what time it is? Yep, bar time. Actually 10pm and leaving San Juan heading for St. Marrten

Picture002_zps6bdba86a.jpg

Outdoor nightlife tonight, yes it's about 84 balmy degrees right about now. Nice!

Picture155_zps7cd4acd1.jpg

Picture164_zps5ae4a4fd.jpg

<continued>

Another gorgeous day, we were truly blessed by the weather gods
smile.png

Now in St. Marrten...

Picture178_zps75f908d4.jpg

We decide to hop a taxi over to the French side of the island.

Picture184_zpsa508b05a.jpg

We find ourselves on Orient Beach. One side totally nude, the other normal (well for us anyway). We decide to do the nude part for the first part of the day, get some tan asses then go to the normal side. No cameras in the nude side
wink.png

Picture243_zpse0b11dd1.jpg

Picture201_zps24d23efb.jpg

I get horny looking at sea crabs, what can I say?

Picture200_zps7b06db22.jpg

Place was like paradise?

Picture196_zps5ee4d3d0.jpg

Picture197_zps62f1626a.jpg

Picture187_zpse1c9928e.jpg

And of course I have to rent a jetski, Debbie doesn't want to go riding however. Do I trust her there with all the other strangers and perv's? hmmmmm, I wanna go play though! ugh! My money clock is ticking on the ski as well... Well it's only a "Yamaha" 140hp wave runner lol. Not quite like my 'bad boy' 260hp Sea-Doo's at home, but it will suffice especially with the blue-green waters to explore!

Picture195_zps2a272875.jpg

Debbie was attracting a lot of attention, not sure if I should bolt out to sea on the ski or not?...

Picture222_zpsc21dd164.jpg

Man, I'm horny and so are the guys around me. This pic relates to bikes however. How? Well I told Deb "if her butt gets any bigger I will have to get a bigger bike!" (like a K1600, hint hint!). JK and I think you can tell she's no Hondapotamus type of girl
smile.png

Picture219_zps13db0163.jpg

New best friends, were going drinking later! Oh wait, we're already drinking!

Picture227_zpsb3f984a6.jpg

Debbie makes friends were their wives. Good! Now there's security in numbers, I can go play with the boys!

Picture226_zps897052c3.jpg

Guess which one of us went to the nude part of this beach earlier? Boozed up? Naaaaa

Picture229_zps0478d1f5.jpg

End of an unbelievable day (well OK, they all were just this good I cannot lie). I jetskii'd and didn't see any sharks, my lady didn't get raped or even molested. Met great people who we have stayed in contact with and plan on meeting up with again next winter. Sad seeing a day like this end. SUCKS!

Picture240_zps17c1ea06.jpg

Our Bartenders for the day (French dudes) had to have one last hurrah with Debbie. I think half her rum drinks were on the house. Women rule, sad as it is.

Picture235_zpsf4421135.jpg

Picture250_zpse59740cd.jpg

OK, So next up was St. Thomas then Dominican Republic and back to NY (9 days total cruise time). All the islands are the same as I posted (same loco-yoco drinking, eating n socializing bs) so I won't bore you with the 800 other pics I have of those locations.

Oh Just one more thing, Rum is cheaper than water down there. You go into a (non tourist trap) bar and you buy the mixer and they just give you the bottle. Take as much as you want, keep it, gargle with it, whatever!. Great people everywhere we went, made a ton of friends and memories that we will keep forever. Cheers! -KJ & Debbie

Picture273_zps40ce1574.jpg

The End :(

Great report & pictures!!Especially these from the wonderful color of the beach..!!Thanks for the sharing!!

Top Speed,

That fantastic ride report was right up my alley! All the islands you hit have been my stomping grounds for work and play my entire life. I was born and raised in The Bronx just a few miles from the George Washington Bridge too. It was like going through one of my albums. A few days in old San Juan would have been great. You could have kicked back in the bar that invented the piña colada. They taste like candy there. You weren't kidding about the price of the rum. Gotta love it. Thanks for taking us along. :))

Thanks guys, hoped it help break up the winter doldrums.

Majic- How lucky u were to have those Carib places as "stomping grounds". Major Jealous!

BTW, Deb's penciled in for June (Art's) Cats' Ride and (Aug) NERDS.... CFR however is going to be a boys-trip
wink.png
...You know hauling around her huge ass take extra gas!

Picture295_zpsda22827a.jpg

Picture287_zpsdd1d2132.jpg

She also makes friends easily
wink.png

Picture453_zpsdcc4353c.jpg

Picture445_zps19c1b5ce.jpg

Picture451_zpse9bea497.jpg

Picture449_zpsab94b2ac.jpg

These guys are all ghay if ya couldn't tell. Strange? They seem to flock to her like flies on white. Don't really understand this but I'm good with it! My motto has always been, "the more gay guys there is, the more available women!".

I know, u rather see bikini pics
smile.png

Ya know... (well I do now!) ya gotta have a different bikini for each day. Okay, I get it. So I tell her that "I need to have a bike for each day of the week!" .... She don't get it :(

Picture336_zps82321517.jpg

This will be my Tuesday Bluesday Machine...

BMW-K-Forum_k1600gt_blau_2013_05.jpg

I say it's a fair request, she gets what she wants, I get what I want.

Ya know... (well I do now!) ya gotta have a different bikini for each day. Okay, I get it. So I tell her that "I need to have a bike for each day of the week!" .... She don't get it
sad.png

Picture336_zps82321517.jpg

This will be my Tuesday Bluesday Machine...

BMW-K-Forum_k1600gt_blau_2013_05.jpg

I say it's a fair request, she gets what she wants, I get what I want.
I'd say that's an extrememly fair request.
yes.gif