• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2003 Yamaha FJR1300 - Lititz, PA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2003 Yamaha FJR1300

Third owner, currently 49,521 miles, originally sold by B&B Yamaha. Recently had a full service completed, including:

Mobil 1 20W-50 oil

OEM oil filter

cleaned air filter

driveshaft splines cleaned and lubed

final drive splines cleaned and lubed

final drive oil changed (OEM oil)

steering head bearings and seals replaced (OEM bearings)

fork oil seals and dust seals (OEM)

fork bushings (OEM)

fork oil (Kayaba 01-M)

lever pivots cleaned and lubed

throttle bodies synched

front calipers cleaned and lubed

Metzeler Roadtec Z8 tires

Never been down, dropped, or crashed in any way. One of the nicest FJRs you'll find. Clear title in hand. Only selling because it's not being ridden enough to justify keeping. Runs great, ready to ride anywhere. Asking $4900 o.b.o.

fjr-1.jpg

IMG_8960IMG_8961IMG_8962.jpg

I forgot to mention that it also has an A.P.E. camchain tensioner.

I would also consider trading for the following:

Honda TransAlp

Cagiva 650 Elefant

KTM 640 Adventure

or, if already US registered:

Africa Twin

750 Super Tenere

XT600 Tenere

nice nice machine....question for you, there were complaints about the harsh on/off throttle response of the 03 mainly, have you experience this or found a remedy? From what i have read it is when starting off and when you close the throttle during in mid rpm and the cylinder gets dry because the full is totally shut down...and the when reapplying the throttle is unsettles the bike...just what i have read...

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Bike Dewey. Thats a great deal! I believe the "harsh" on-off throttle was with the early GenII's(06-07). A G2 throttle tube and PCIII cured this issue. GLWS!

And worth every cent. That is one very nice FJR.

I was hoping you were going to post it was sold so I'd stop these silly thoughts of bringing it to Canada. :)

Canadian FJR

And worth every cent. That is one very nice FJR.

I was hoping you were going to post it was sold so I'd stop these silly thoughts of bringing it to Canada. :)

Canadian FJR
Hear you Loud and Clear Brother Scott, just shredded my check book so I'll not be tempted to bring it to AZ!