2006 died on freeway on way home from trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope so. Everything seems great now, but something happens to you when you have to haul your bike home in a uhaul. There's going to be that little niggling doubt that will just be there until it isn't.

I'm really glad it happened when it did because if it hadn't, it could have happened in June, and that would be awful.

Looking forward to seeing you there.
Nothing like nursing a full-on tourer home with a shot front wheel bearing. Sketchy to say the least. Glad it's worked out and your faith in it will come back as you get more miles on it (even if they start out as local miles). Consider this a learning experience and now you know, no matter what, you WILL get back home.

Also had the intake air sensor code 14, which turned out to be the dreaded ball of caramel colored grease in the vacuum line.
"Dreaded"? Is this a common thing that I've never heard of before?
It has happened to more than a few Gen II. Easy to diagnose, fix (or prevent) if you know what to look for.https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/170314-fault-code-14-gen-ii-solved/

I'll also recommend AMA Roadside Assistance. They towed my Subaru Outback to a shop late one Sunday night.

That would be the American MOTORCYCLIST Association, not that other AMA bunch of wahoos.

American_Motorcyclist_Association_(logo).jpg