• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2006 FJR Engine (or parts) for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aasland

Depleted
Reaction score
After I put the 2007 engine into my 2006 FJR, I have the old 2006 engine for sale. I am willing to part it out. I took the best parts and put it on the bike. These are the parts I have left over (I am in Minnesota):

The Engine Block and Transmission:

The engine itself has about 95k miles on it. Before I took it out of the bike, it ran great, with good compression. It did not burn oil. The clutch had a little stiction going on but it did not slip. However, the 2nd gear dogs are gone; it will not hold 2nd gear for more than moderate acceleration (this is the reason I pulled it). There is no stator; the cover is there but it is cracked. There are some scratches on the clutch cover. There is no oil cooler. Note that the head is not installed (see below).

Head and valve cover:

Is from the 2007, with about 24k miles on it. It is complete, with straight valve stems etc. I've cleaned it up and did a light valve lapping but wasn't entirely happy with the leakdown numbers so I kept my 2006 head. If you want this, I can sell it to you as-is or I can do a more thorough lapping and get some good leak-down numbers first and adjust the valves, but if I'm going to put some more labor into this, I'm going to want more for it. The cam tensioner is from the 2007 as well; it does NOT have the "blue dot" to indicate it is the new one. The valve cover (and gasket) is from the 2007 as well. The head gasket and bolts have been tightened (repeatedly) to test leakdown numbers; you'll want to get a new gasket and bolt set before you button it up. Camshafts, springs, buckets valves shims TB boots etc. are all here.

Throttle body:

From the 2006 w/95k miles on it. Includes injectors. Ran great when I had it on the bike, but with the new engine I couldn't quite get it sync'd. Not sure why ... could have forgotten to hook up a hose or something. I'd suggest a bench-sync first.

That's basically it .. let me know if you need more info or have any questions. Shoot me a PM with a price if you're interested in a part or all of it.

2014-07-12160302.jpg

2014-07-12160246.jpg

What shape is the crankcase cover in? are there any scratches?

I would be interested in buying it.

Thanks,