• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2010 FJR w/ Cruise Control and 62k miles-Grand Rapids, Michigan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricW88

Reaction score
2010 Yamaha FJR 1300 with Cruise Control, ABS, and heated grips- This is a very nice and clean 2010 FJR that spent most of its life near Tampa Bay, Florida.  I bought it for my wife to do long distance touring on but it’s just too big of a bike around town for her and on trips she has preferred to ride on the back of my Goldwing instead.  62k miles.

It has the following aftermarket additions:
-Audiovox cruise control (the main reason I flew to FL to buy it as I wanted something with cruise control for her)
-T-Rex rear bag guards and Canyon Cages front tip over bars. Also comes with Canyon Cages bolt on flip down highway pegs that have never been installed and extra never installed Trex swap-able slider pieces
-Givi top box with brake light (there is a small crack near the latch but still works well)
-Cee Bailey windshield +Spare windshield
-Rear Michelin Road 4 GT tire with only a few hundred miles on it.

-Mirror risers so the mirrors are slightly taller and show what’s behind you rather than the rider’s shoulders.

-Ram double ball mount on the brake fluid reservoir.

-Engine Oil and final drive oil has probably about 500 miles on it

-I think I might have some fabric Saddlebox organizer cases for it too that I have never used. Not 100% on those but I can try to find them. 

Negatives:

-The top box latch has a crack. It still works well but I put a RokStrap or bungee around it to make sure it stays closed. Otherwise on big bumps where the box flexed it has opened the latch before. Having the bungee keeps it latches. I think JB Weld could probably fix it and keep it from flexing.

-The former owner’s wife’s boot heal melted a small spot on top of the left muffler. It probably could be removed but it hasn’t bothered me and it’s partially hidden by the left side saddlebox.

-Light scuffs around the edge of the saddleboxes that the previous owner touched up with silver touch up paint. Can’t even really notice them unless looking closely.

-When shifting from 1st to 2nd gear there is a grind if you shift fast. Instead I just shift easy from 1st to 2nd gear at around 4-5k and then there is no grind. It only does it in 1st and it only does it at high rpms and fast gear changes.

-My wife rarely rode the bike. Sitting over winter there was some brake fluid that seeped out of the left front caliper hose. I never noticed it when the bike was being ridden but being parked all winter it had some come out. Not much...but a little. The reservoir still has a good fluid level and the front brake lever has good feel and pressure.  I’m guessing that a brake hose bolt/fitting just needs to be snugged up a tiny bit or the bike just needs more time being ridden.

Overall the bike is nicely setup and clean.  The aftermarket cruise control is a very nice addition and the main reason I got her this bike.  The only reason we are selling it is to get her a lighter sportbike for around town.

The bike is in Middleville, MI (About 30 minutes from Grand Rapids, MI airport). I did a fly and ride for this bike in Tampa, FL. I would not hesitate to take this bike anywhere. I would be happy to help with a fly and ride and picking you up at the Airport in Grand Rapids.  The bike is ready to ride across the country...just needs a rider 🙂

$6,000 for the bike and all the spares I have for it.

-Eric

651-707-6584

Edit: I tried to add some pictures but wasn’t successful.  The bike is silver. Feel free to text me for more pictures as well.

Here’s a link with a few pictures but if you text me I can send you any pictures you want:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/336024724777397/

Forgot to add two other quick things:

It also has HID high beam lights.  

One of the low beam lights also must have a loose wire as when I looked in my mirror to check on my wife sometimes the one low beam headlight was on and sometimes it was off. The other one stayed on all the time so I think it’s just the one bulb or the wire leading to the bulb.

HID high beams doesn't sound right. They have to warm up to operating temps and can be used for low beam, but not high beam. Perhaps you mean halogen or led high beams. Sometimes, HID "high/low" replacement bulbs are sold with an HID low beam and a halogen high beam. 

I’m not entirely sure. Thought it was an HID bulb. When it first switches the high beam on it is purplish for a second or two and warms up to a white. Definitely not a standard bulb. Pretty powerful too.  I think it has a ballast or some sort of extra electrical box/driver thing for it too that’s tucked inside the front nose area.

It definitely is brighter than stock when it is on.

Still for sale. Open to offers as well.

Also, I was contacted by another person that said if a potential buyer did not want the side boxes he would like to buy the side boxes to help offset the cost of the bike to the new buyer. Just an option in case someone doesn’t want the side boxes.

Still for sale. Price lowered to $5,000. Perfect bike for a fly and ride. We live close to the Grand Rapids, MI airport, have a guest room available, and I would not hesitate to ride the bike anywhere. 

-Eric James

651-707-6584

There have been interested potential buyers from Facebook but no one has bought it yet.  I hope it goes to someone that knows a bit about FJR’s as it really is a nice bike.

Still for sale for $4500 and happy to help with a fly and ride for a forum member 👍