• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2011 FJR (Canadian Version) Sold

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spotwalla for the Trans-Canada trip? Stalkers Internet buddies are excited for you!

It sold in one reply and about 30 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot remember a better buy being offered on this forum. Holy cow!!

Congrat Ross, you got one sweet ride!!

No to the lift table. Far too big and too heavy. Ride home isn't going to be exceptionally exciting, don't have the time other than for a visit in Winnipeg for a couple days. Still not certain what route. Weather will play a role. Spotwalla if anyone wants to stalk.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=18db65af7af29a60cd&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

Huge thanks to bluesdog! I'll take very good care of it. Beautifully equipped and maintained bike.

A little dirty after all day riding in rain, strong crosswind and cold. Average 45 F or so. As low as 40 F for a while (with heavy rain). In Medicine Hat for the night. Skipped Banff because of the weather. Wouldn't be able to see anything anyway.

20180517_192747.jpg

Made it to Winnipeg. 1100 km with strong crosswind and cool temperatures. Hanging out a couple days with daughter, SIL and grandson.

Picture with the bugs and dirt peeled off.

41500936034_a418ccd108_z.jpg

And nine month grandson trying it out

42222505581_6119d18e5b_z.jpg

Winnipeg MB to Marquette MI, to Ottawa ON and then to home (Fredericton, NB). Made it safely but somewhere around Marquette, I was wondering if the rear tire would make it with 2200 km left to go. Apparently the long slab ride across the prairies with a very strong cross wind ate the rear tire for lunch. Tire was in decent shape when I started out (BT-023) but steel belts were well in evidence as I rolled into my garage this evening. Still holding air but wouldn't have made another 500 km. Note: The sides of the tires have another 4000 miles left in them for the right roads - not much use for a long slab ride!

Can't wait to get the tire changed and then try riding it WITHOUT a trailer attached. Going to be a great bike!

27443017707_c6cfacd9f6_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy you’re home safe. While you were pm’ing the seller I was sitting at my desk staring at the ad, forlorn that I couldn’t buy and ride that bike home. Enjoy that beautiful bike.