2014 model COLOR!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering the length of time the Gen1s and GenIIs lasted, I'd be very surprised at a major change in 2014. But I've been surprised before.

Color is not that important to me unless it's so audacious I hate it. I never, for instance, understood taxicab yellow on Goldwings. But a bright color on a bike like the FJR would be much more tempting.

I just wish they offered at least one more choice. I like the conservative steel grey of the 2013, but then, I'm a conservative steel grey type of person.

I predict another nasty brown with a fancy name to make buyers feel better about themselves for picking one up.
biggrin.png

If this is true and even if it snot... I'm glad I bought a 2013. Candy-ass red does absolutely nothing for me other than agitate some homophobic tendencies.

I know I'll be looking real hard at it!
Hopefully they bumped up the cruise control limit in the US....
Didn't know it had a limit. That could be a deal breaker!

Red sounds good though (if they can't make it black).

Perhaps the same color as the '13 Stryker? Not unusual for mother ship Yamaha to use the same colors across different models.

I bet Townsend has it right in this case. We should all know very soon.

I believe the actual upper limit was 80 MPH in the US. European models are higher to my understanding...

Mine will set to 82. No big deal to me. Other sports cruisers won't set at all.

Perhaps the same color as the '13 Stryker? Not unusual for mother ship Yamaha to use the same colors across different models.
I bet Townsend has it right in this case. We should all know very soon.
YOU should have an inside track on this if anyone does. Since last I heard you were an employee of Yamaha.

At any rate I am happy to see you posting again. I had begun to wonder if you had joined the French Foreign Legion or something.

Perhaps the same color as the '13 Stryker? Not unusual for mother ship Yamaha to use the same colors across different models.I bet Townsend has it right in this case. We should all know very soon.
YOU should have an inside track on this if anyone does. Since last I heard you were an employee of Yamaha.

At any rate I am happy to see you posting again. I had begun to wonder if you had joined the French Foreign Legion or something.
Maybe I do, and maybe I don't. And just maybe I'm smart enough to maintain my employment by not pissing off the mother ship by releasing inside info before it is officially released......

Thanks for the kind words. My other job of international assassin has been keeping me very busy and away from all you nutjobs.

I haven't run this out for a while:

fjr-unica.jpg

Sure, it looks like 2003 bodywork, but that's how long they've been working on the color process. It's finally ready, I tell ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume the green inserts in the front wheel calipers indicates the brake system is filled with aircraft 650º caliper temp brake fluid.

Perhaps the same color as the '13 Stryker? Not unusual for mother ship Yamaha to use the same colors across different models.I bet Townsend has it right in this case. We should all know very soon.

Maybe I do, and maybe I don't. And just maybe I'm smart enough to maintain my employment by not pissing off the mother ship by releasing inside info before it is officially released......

Thanks for the kind words. My other job of international assassin has been keeping me very busy and away from all you nutjobs.
I say please the Mother Ship. International assassin/motorcycle babysitter is a good gig!

Maybe we'll see you at the show in Long Beach?

Lucille says hi.