2014 Service manual, which one ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queensland Ken

Reaction score
Hi,

Just about to take the plunge on a 2014 and wish to get a "real" paper copy of a service manual.

I'll open up a can of worms and ask the question, Yamaha or Haynes ?

I know the Gen 2 fairly well, if there isn't much technical difference with the Gen 3, I might go with the Haynes for something different.

My 2 large volumes of the 06 manual are looking their age, full of grease.

Maybe someone with a Gen 3 and a Haynes manual can enlighten me.

Cheers

does anyone have the part number for the Yamaha service manual for the 2014ES? would like to get one myself..

The FJR1300ES is LIT-11616-27-49

663 pages + the electrical schematic pull out pages.

I just picked one up a few weeks ago when they became available.

Seems pretty comprehensive. I like the paper copies also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure the Haynes manual only goes to 2012. May want to check that. If it goes to 2013, you'd prolly be ok. I've also heard that it's not as comprehensive as some would like. With either manual and the tech knowledge here, you should be good to go. Just gotta make the choice. Lol...

Pretty sure the Haynes manual only goes to 2012. May want to check that. If it goes to 2013, you'd prolly be ok. I've also heard that it's not as comprehensive as some would like. With either manual and the tech knowledge here, you should be good to go. Just gotta make the choice. Lol...
Three Gen's in 352 pages. Makes one wonder how much detail the manual can have in that number of pages when the '06 FSM has around 580 pages for just one model.

9780857336071.jpg

It does do the '13, but isn't very comprehensive for it - I get the impression they didn't have one to pull apart like they did the other Gens. They have no way for accessing fault codes. (Nor does it for accessing the AE/AS codes in theGen II, but that's another story.)

The FJR100ES is LIT-11616-27-49
663 pages + the electrical schematic pull out pages.

I just picked one up a few weeks ago when they became available.

Seems pretty comprehensive. I like the paper copies also.

Thanks... Off to order one..

I plan on getting a '14 ES in about 6 weeks. I plan on trying to get an electronic version and printing the pages as I need them.
That means you are buying a Yamaha copyright violation manual which is an illegal copy of the Factory Service Manual (FSM). This Forum tries to follow the law and support Yamaha. The only legal manuals are a Haynes or the paper FSM.

In case someone would like one.....sold bike and have the service manual and it's available CONUS

Let me know