2016 - Cannot latch seat in "high" position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperPete

Opinionated curmudgeon
Reaction score
First of all, I just spent 15 minutes searching the forum for an answer but was unable to find one.

I'm confident that I'm doing something wrong, and that this should be a simple "fix." When I put the front seat on the high position I am unable to get it to latch. It looks as if it's to far rearward, but I cannot get it to move further forward to latch. My Factory Service Manual is on order, so I cannot look there (yet.)

What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

Ignacio - it was a newb issue, I had not adjusted the front seat holder cover.. Please delete this thread. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that the projection on the rider seat doesn't always fit easily into (or above) the plastic seat holder. As long as you have the seat holder cover in the correct position at the tank side, should only be an issue of "feeling for the opening"... once you have it, the seat should easily slide forward allowing you the "click" the rear of the seat into its fixed position.

Agree that the projection on the rider seat doesn't always fit easily into (or above) the plastic seat holder. As long as you have the seat holder cover in the correct position at the tank side, should only be an issue of "feeling for the opening"... once you have it, the seat should easily slide forward allowing you the "click" the rear of the seat into its fixed position.
Yeah, it was pretty easy once I realized the problem. I'll blame it on my recent gen1 to gen4 upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.