2016 was a good year...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I originally joined in 2016 the year I purchased a new 2016 FJR ES model here in Southern California. The picture shows both my new 2016 FJR and my old 2004 ST1300A I had put over 100K miles on and sold later. Originally I questioned my sanity buying another dark blue sport touring bike but after almost 5 years I have no regrets. I had the 2nd gear recall done to the FJR this summer and while it did not go as smoothly as it could have, things seem to be back to normal.

My initial purchase from the local dealer was a total disaster that caused me headaches for many months after purchase, but that's a whole other story for another time... Let's just say it wasn't the bikes fault, but totally the dealer's ineptness that was the source of the problems. The only time I've ever dealt with a dealer was the purchase and the recalls. I do all my own maintenance.

I talked myself into buying a second bike after the ST1300 was sold and ended up with a 2016 Super Tenere ES. I have to say it's nice having similar bikes with the same electonics. I retired from IT after 41 years at the end of 2019 right as Covid started so it's not been the best retirement experience yet. I had thought I would do a 4 corners ride, but that plan disintegrated with the outbreak. I had also planned to go to Alaska in 2020, but that also was cancelled.

I am not always active on forums like I used to be when I was working! This new format is nice since it informs me of new topics and gives me the choice to join in or ignore. Hope I can contribute once in awhile with helpful information as I've had at least some experience farkeling the FJR and dealing with some issues.

Hal

Attachments

• IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 7