• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale 2018 FJR 1300 Top Storage Box - $100

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone else tried contacting the seller and making a purchase but after payment and no tracking number or responses for two days it looks like this was a scam.

Be more careful and less trusting than we were.

Sad to say, there are trolls and scammers on this site frequently. I learned a painful lesson by paying a thief $295 for an FJR top case that was never shipped (and probably never even existed).

One tip-off is a price too good to be real, another is when the seller has no credible history on the FJRforum website.

One tip-off is a price too good to be real, another is when the seller has no credible history on the FJRforum website.
I would not be sending money (in this case) to any individual who had an intro post and then just a post for selling a headlight assembly and then this item.
(I did an image search on the headlight and found it was also a CL listing.)
If legitimate, I apologize to the OP. But you need to be responsive if you are selling something. People assume the worst (and are usually right)!

Thinking it would be a good idea that someone should need to have some forum "history" before being able to list items for sale.

I just wasted a few weeks with an Ebay seller. Goods never arrived, fake tracking number. Paypal issued a refund. I'm always suspicious of "no Paypal" terms and people who complain about transaction costs.

FB is filled with scammers. I ask people to hold up the item or point to it in a photo or facetime them before parting with money. Not foolproof, but one extra step toward validation.