Accelerator Module by Solid Solutions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtoBthruS

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen of the peanut gallery - I have just finished reading a review of the above product in Motorcycle Consumer News (Dec 2013, pg 31). The article reviews the Accelerator Module and the Booster Plug. Both units are plug-in adapters that, according to MCN causes "Accelerating from a stop is smoother and more immediate since there is no lean mixture lag between twisting the throttle and forward movement" and "Although one could presume that because both products richen the fuel/air mixture there would be a reduction in fuel economy, but just the opposite occurs...". They go on to say that they recorded =/- 10% increase in fuel economy (and why) over an 1800 mile test compared to stock.

I have contacted them and they will provide a 10% discount from list price (indicated in MCN at $60 and $85 on the Accelerator Module web site - I have asked them which is correct) for an order of 10 units.

At this time they have units that fit many BMW's, KTM's and several Yamaha's (including the superior FJR!!).

Sooooo, anybody interested?

Gary

I am interested IF it works as advertised. On the other hand, for (only) a 10% saving, I can wait until its been tried by other people on the forum. Paying a few bucks more at a later date is offset by the total loss if the results don't pan out.

I am interested IF it works as advertised. On the other hand, for (only) a 10% saving, I can wait until its been tried by other people on the forum. Paying a few bucks more at a later date is offset by the total loss if the results don't pan out.
Understood. I have found MCN to be a reliable source of info and am willing to give it a try, especially if I can get 9 other folks (guinea pigs) together to get the discount. I am curious as to what the ACTUAL retail is though.

BTW, the mileage increase is not the only benefit, In the article they comment about "improved throttle response" being another benefit.

If you're in FL and I'm in CA, and who knows where the other 8 folks might be, are they willing to give the 10% discount and mail each one to 10 different places? It seems that would really escalate the postage costs.

Well, a 10% discount on the MSRP plus whatever it costs for shipping if they charge it. Seems reasonable to me. Sheesh.

the order page of the accelerator does not list a compact unit-only the more expensive one...also, the price quoted is in euros..a euro = $1.35

total cost of shipped unit is about $104.00 without any discount..

for that I'll just sit back and wait....

If you're in FL and I'm in CA, and who knows where the other 8 folks might be, are they willing to give the 10% discount and mail each one to 10 different places? It seems that would really escalate the postage costs.
I have not gotten into the details with them yet as far as shipping cost. We can either request individual ship to locations or I can order them all shipped to me and then distribute them. If they all ship to me I would pay for them and then receive payment from the buyers prior to sending them out.

I have not done this before an I am open to suggestions.

Sorry to hear that some folks' FJRs run so crappy they're contemplating spending tens to hundreds of dollars to make their motos run right.

You guys should have bought Gen 1s then stopped spending unnecessary cash.

Mine runs fine, and I have one of the terrible 2007s with the stiff throttles and jerky ECUs. Personally, I think people make things bigger than they really are. Maybe even the people who profit from the "defective" bikes.

Below is an extract of the article from Motorcycle Consumer News (Dec 2013, pg 31) for reference:

"...we also learned of a product called the Accelerator Module out of Belgium that appeared to provide similar results at a cost of only $45 plus shipping. The Accelerator Module is about the same size as the Booster Plug, but uses only two connectors and does not contain a third lead containing a temperature sensor. In the interest of science, we bought one for comparison. Installation of the Accelerator Module was even simpler than the Booster Plug,because there was no third output cable containing a temperature sensor to be located and secured. Functionally, there was no difference in performance. Throttle

response of these two very differently priced modifications seemed identical. However, an “Extended” version of the
Accelerator Module, which includes an external temperature sensor, priced at $60, became available shortly after we had
received our “Compact” version. When contacted, the manufacturer claimed both versions “work really fine.” The extended
version simply allows extra flexibility in placing the temperature sensor where it can get the most cool air. We conducted dynamometer testing of both units, as well as a baseline run of the stock configuration to provide objective evidence. Although neither of the manufacturers of these modifications claimed any increase in horsepower, they bothadded slightly more than one hp at peak revs, by itself hardly worth the expense or effort. Likewise, any change in the torque from stock to modified condition
was insignificant. But just because the dyno failed to provide any significant performance increase, the improved throttle response is certainly reason enough to buy. We also found the benefit of a slight improvement to fuel economy as well, not what you might expect from richened fuel mixtures. Although one could presume that because both of these products richen the fuel/air mixture there would be a reduction in fuel economy, but just the opposite occurs. The design of both products is such that the richer mixture is present only during active acceleration. Once the engine reaches steady state performance,
the fuel/air mixture reverts to its stock, lean-running condition. Additionally,according to the manufacturer of the Accelerator Module, the modified engine runs cooler, you will upshift sooner and cruise in a higher gear, allowing the engine to run at a lower average rpm and thus use less fuel. This was verified during prolonged testing, during which our F650GS test mule was operated first in stock condition, then with the Booster Plug installed, and finally with the Accelerator Module installed. Approximately 1800 miles were covered in each condition. Average gas mileage in stock condition was 48.3 mpg.With the Booster Plug installed, 52.7 mpg was achieved, and the Accelerator Module recorded 53.5 mpg. Both devices delivered an approximate 10% improvement in fuel efficiency compared to stock. Easy to install, reasonably priced, and with easily noticeable improvements,
each of these devices is worth your consideration."

Accelerator Module by Solid Solutions,
available for select BMW, KTM and
Yamaha models; www.sol2.be
MCN Recommended :::::

NOTE: on the https://www.sol2.be website, ONLY the "extended" version is available for the FJR1300 and it's listed as 62 Euro and 14 Euro for shipping.

The bike is very lean stock. Thanks EPA! I had Nels build me a custom smoothness map for my 2 Bro's box. There are some areas where he had to add up to 10% more fuel. Adding the fuel smooths out the bikes acceleration and makes the cruising vibration better. So, someone is advertising they can give your bike smoother acceleration and better fuel economy??? I have the winning powerball ticket that I'll sell you for $5.

So, someone is advertising they can give your bike smoother acceleration and better fuel economy??? I have the winning powerball ticket that I'll sell you for $5.
Just to it's clear and fair, it's was Motorcycle Consumer News to made this claim. Quoting the article as published:

"Approximately 1800 miles were covered in each condition. Average gas mileage in stock condition was 48.3 mpg.With the Booster Plug installed, 52.7 mpg was achieved, and the Accelerator Module recorded 53.5 mpg."

For me that would calculate out to $93.33 per year in savings. So if what they state is true in roughly 9 months it would be paid for. Assuming $60.00 cost. Not to hard to take. Will I buy one most likely not. I just wanted to do the math.

Good Day folks,

Dave

So, someone is advertising they can give your bike smoother acceleration and better fuel economy??? I have the winning powerball ticket that I'll sell you for $5.
Just to it's clear and fair, it's was Motorcycle Consumer News to made this claim. Quoting the article as published:

"Approximately 1800 miles were covered in each condition. Average gas mileage in stock condition was 48.3 mpg.With the Booster Plug installed, 52.7 mpg was achieved, and the Accelerator Module recorded 53.5 mpg."
based onthose numbers, they mean the Euro version of MCN and not the ad-free MCNews in the US. Correct?

based onthose numbers, they mean the Euro version of MCN and not the ad-free MCNews in the US. Correct?
I't from the ad-free MCNews, US version..My friend subscribes to it and as such, gets the digital version. He always sends me the URL to the digital version. I extracted that portion of it to share on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
jester.gif

Looks to be cheaper than a Power Commander which many folks like myself have purchased to correct this problem. I'd be curious if it does a better job than the Power Commander as it seems to be really targeting the problem more so than the PC. If someone wants to buy one and have it shipped to me I'd be happy to do a stock (with G2) to PCIII to Sol comparison and then pass it along to the buyer when done.

That said, it's entirely possible it doesn't do a better job which is why I'm not necessarily willing to shell out for it right now. My G2 and PCIII solved it about 95%. I'd be willing to buy it though if it would solve it 100% of course.

Sorry to hear that some folks' FJRs run so crappy they're contemplating spending tens to hundreds of dollars to make their motos run right.
You guys should have bought Gen 1s then stopped spending unnecessary cash.
If you sorry Gen 1 owners would actually decide to sell your bikes we might own them. Sadly, trying to find an 05 with ABS at the time of my purchase was very difficult. I was chomping at the bit for an FJR and found a good deal. Of course, after a few months of searching and I plunked down my hard earned cash for my 07, at least 6 05 FJR's with ABS with low mileage and good prices popped up on the marketplace. That's just how it always works.