Almost 20 years of wonderful FJR'ing!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastJoyRide

Reaction score
I know that all y'all are a very inclusive bunch (so I'm not too worried about being thrown out on my ear), but I have to announce for the first time since my PDP 2004 ABS arrived, I am without an FJR.

Tempus fugit and all that. The big girl was getting to be less and less fun for me to manhandle around the garage, although she was still pure bliss whenever we passed a walking speed.

I am now the proud owner of a 2022 (new in the crate) Moto Guzzi V85TT Adventure. More than 100 pounds lighter than my 2016ES, and infinitely more fun once the road surface is no longer good pavement. To say the least she is a bike of great "character", but I am well and truly in love.

Hoping to keep in touch with many of you, and maybe even attend a few more FJR events (see "inclusive" above)!

Ride safe

Dave Dykes aka FastJoyRide aka FJR (although my local buds are torn between changing my handle from FJR to FGR, or Geppetto)

I know that all y'all are a very inclusive bunch (so I'm not too worried about being thrown out on my ear), but I have to announce for the first time since my PDP 2004 ABS arrived, I am without an FJR.

Tempus fugit and all that. The big girl was getting to be less and less fun for me to manhandle around the garage, although she was still pure bliss whenever we passed a walking speed.

I am now the proud owner of a 2022 (new in the crate) Moto Guzzi V85TT Adventure. More than 100 pounds lighter than my 2016ES, and infinitely more fun once the road surface is no longer good pavement. To say the least she is a bike of great "character", but I am well and truly in love.

Hoping to keep in touch with many of you, and maybe even attend a few more FJR events (see "inclusive" above)!

Ride safe

Dave Dykes aka FastJoyRide aka FJR (although my local buds are torn between changing my handle from FJR to FGR, or Geppetto)
Enjoy the Guzzi. I hope the platform is as reliable as the FJR.
I still have my FJR but bought a 2017 BMW F700GS last year for "roads less traveled". I KNOW it will give me more grief than the FJR but it can take me places that the FJR won't easily go. 230 lb. lighter wet weight makes a huge difference, but it will not the preferred mount when there are hundreds (or thousands) of miles to be covered.

One of the best part of this community is people like you. Ride safe Geppeto, I'll always ride with you.

Congrats on the new (lighter-weight) scoot Dave! Agreed it's the FJR that brought us together, but the years-long relationships that keep us going. Enjoy the new bike!

~G

Congrats on the new (lighter-weight) scoot Dave! Agreed it's the FJR that brought us together, but the years-long relationships that keep us going. Enjoy the new bike!

~G
It's going to be a fun new adventure George. Hope we see you soon!

Robert (FJRob) has a brother with the same bike here in town. Man that's a sweet ride, enjoy!

Your going to have to buy some hardly ableson with straight pipes before we won't talk to you-Sylvia is in no matter what!