AMA: "Best Place to Live as a Motorcyclist?"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
I went onto the AMA site this morning to see when the next Superbike race is ('cause the Speed Channel website is so lame :glare: ), when I came across this photo in their "Backfire" section:

World.jpg

Here's the page link.

Hmmm... I think I've seen that bridge before. Now where was that...? Oh yes--on the way home up Hwy 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) from the Magical Land of Creston (photos by Silent):

DSC_1007.jpg

DSC_1014.jpg

DSC_1000.jpg

I guess the AMA's made up their mind, correctly of course. :D :p

Jb

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks purdy.

I kinda like it right here in between the Ozarks and the Ouachita's tho.

Smokey Mountain area is my favorite trip out of town.

Some day I hope to get out west and check it out.

Hello?

The only state in the union that allows us to use our motorcycles to actually get through traffic?

It's a no-brainer.

And the forum-famous shot of us being followed by TWN on one of the more scenic of California's byways, taken by the legendary OrangevaleFJR:

HON2003121055243_pv.jpg

Buy one yourself and support the Forum, right here!

Let us know when all y'all kalifornians are done circle jerkin' each other off, eh? And please don't post any pics of said event.

Let us know when all y'all kalifornians are done circle jerkin' each other off, eh? And please don't post any pics of said event.
And which one of those Californicators is the pivot..? Sinners... :glare:

Its hard to argue that CA isn't in the top 10. I wish Kansas was in the top 40.
I grew up just outside of Newton. The one thing you have to say about riding in Kansas is that you can get very proficient at going in a straight line really, really fast. Something I never did, not even once, Officer Goering...! ;)

ain't kaliforny that place where all the assless chap wearing fairies live????

:p

y'all need more busch beer drinking rednecks out y'alls way :lol:

Its hard to argue that CA isn't in the top 10. I wish Kansas was in the top 40.
I'd say we are- less than 1 day to the Ozarks, Colorado, Utah, Kentucky, Tennessee (most of the east coast, really), only 2 days to just about anywhere in the U.S., northern Mexico, or southern Canada (3 to Alaska). How much better can you get... :) . We're riding FJR's, we've got the range.