AMA Membership with MOTOW - Warning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyver60

Reaction score
I ran across the following thread on the ST-Owners.com sight, regarding the AMA Memberships with MOTOW. If you have such a membership, you might want to take a look at the thread.

MOTOW Thread

I think it was last year they started a membership option that you would receive free towing (up to four service calls) on any vehicle within your family, if you signed up for a yearly automatic renewal with a credit card. Some are reporting issues with the auto-renewal and discovering they have no coverage. At least one guy posted they tried to steer him into a different membership plan, until he argued with them. I signed up for the auto-renewal membership in July of last year. I just signed into my AMA account, and it is listed as inactive; and there has been no charge to my credit card. Aside from this, I called MOTOW three times this past year for my cars, and the tows did not cost me a dime. The contractors they used had good equipment, were professional and seemed to be careful with loading and unloading the vehicles; unlike others I have used in my lifetime.